Eviction of Corrupt Builder

All welcome, have fun, be nice
Britboy

Eviction of Corrupt Builder

Postby Britboy » Fri Nov 23, 2018 5:34 pm

I am an former TRNC resident who fell victim to a corrupt builder. To cut a long story short, I was awarded a court judgment against the builder which he has failed to honour (no surprise there). I returned to the UK only to hear that the builder has squatted in my 3 bedroom Karsiyaka villa. I appeal to fellow forum subscribers on how best and quickest way to get this felon evicted, legal or otherwise. Incidentally, I am open to offers for the sale of my villa pending eviction.

geoffreys4

Re: Eviction of Corrupt Builder

Postby geoffreys4 » Sat Nov 24, 2018 1:23 pm

Britboy wrote:I am an former TRNC resident who fell victim to a corrupt builder. To cut a long story short, I was awarded a court judgment against the builder which he has failed to honour (no surprise there). I returned to the UK only to hear that the builder has squatted in my 3 bedroom Karsiyaka villa. I appeal to fellow forum subscribers on how best and quickest way to get this felon evicted, legal or otherwise. Incidentally, I am open to offers for the sale of my villa pending eviction.

Tricky one. A neighbour of ours had a similar problem.
IMO first thing to do if the utilities are in your name is to have them cut off.
Following that you need to go back to the court and have it issue a contempt of court judgement which the police can then use to
arrest him.
Whatever you do will require you to return to TRNC to arrange it all.
I assume you already have a good solicitor, if not find one quickly to do the necessary.
Regards selling the place whose name are the Kocans in? If not yours forget the idea!
Geoff.

Return to “General Discussion”