Does this forum need to exist?

All welcome, have fun, be nice

Which sections of the forum do you find useful?

General Discussion
24%
Events Noticeboard
5%
Restaurant Reviews
16%
Business & Services
5%
Items for Sale
14%
Cars, Vans & Motorbikes
8%
Properties to Rent
8%
Properties for Sale
11%
ALL of the above
8%
NONE of the above
No votes

Total votes: 37

Dan
Site Admin

Does this forum need to exist?

Postby Dan » Wed Jun 20, 2018 4:55 pm

Hello all,

I'm getting the feeling that very few people are actively using the forum, which takes time, money and effort to maintain. We have a lot of people viewing posts but very few replies/comments. In terms of offerings, please could you vote on the sections you find useful? You may select as many options as you wish, or choose 'All Sections' if appropriate. Please also feel free to comment by replying to this post...

Your input is valuable and will shape the future of this website as a whole.

Many thanks,

Dan

Gram

Re: Does this forum need to exist?

Postby Gram » Thu Jun 21, 2018 12:25 am

I visit, view, and (very occasionally) contribute to this forum. In a similar manner I also visit (as a member) four other forums (which vary widely between caravans and guitars!). These also have different sections (reviews, sales, etc.) which I visit far less than the 'general' chat sections.
However, I do realise that these are very necessary components if any forum is to survive. I suspect (hope) that many others find these forums very useful and helpful,even if (like me) they are somewhat reticent in posting.
I appreciate and am grateful for the facility and the necessary work that you have provided, and hope that you can continue.

Wookie

Postby Wookie » Thu Jun 21, 2018 7:09 am

I view the forum every day, and yes it is a bit quiet on the general discussion but I like to read the news each day, and when people do post the replies they get are more helpful and friendly than other forums I could mention :D

ZKTV

Postby ZKTV » Thu Jun 21, 2018 2:27 pm

it is a area of freedom within a area of more control each day from asia minor and local bizness kabals ...

I would open it up ISLAND WIDE

geoffreys4

Postby geoffreys4 » Thu Jun 21, 2018 2:35 pm

ZKTV wrote:it is a area of freedom within a area of more control each day from asia minor and local bizness kabals ...

It is now. Access to it is available from South Cyprus, or from anywhere in the world that has internet.
Geoff.

ZKTV

Postby ZKTV » Fri Jun 22, 2018 1:48 am

geoffreys4 wrote:
ZKTV wrote:it is a area of freedom within a area of more control each day from asia minor and local bizness kabals ...

It is now. Access to it is available from South Cyprus, or from anywhere in the world that has internet.
Geoff.

i must have missed all those posts from the south ,happy for you to point them out to me ...

geoffreys4

Postby geoffreys4 » Fri Jun 22, 2018 7:01 am

ZKTV wrote:
geoffreys4 wrote:

Geoff.

i must have missed all those posts from the south ,happy for you to point them out to me ...

I don't know of any. My point is that access IS available if persons in the south wish to use it.
What did you mean, exactly, by "..open it up ISLAND WIDE"??
Geoff.

Dan
Site Admin

Postby Dan » Fri Jun 22, 2018 2:56 pm

The forum is accessible to all / from anywhere. Let's keep this thread on topic 8-)

ZKTV

Postby ZKTV » Fri Jun 22, 2018 11:31 pm

answer

YES

end of answer

LooseBoots
Site Admin

Postby LooseBoots » Fri Jul 27, 2018 2:39 pm

I hope this forum continues to exist. When I lived in North Cyprus I always found this forum much more user friendly and informative without the constant bitching and retoric as displayed on others.
There will always be some users that simply post to instigate an argument.
I have always maintained that it is not a forums place for that.
Also I found that on here you can post without fear of ridicule.
Sadly, as I now live in Portugal I do not have much time to spend on TRNC forums in general but I hope that those of you that live or regularly visit North Cyprus will continue to support this forum.
In my humble opinion , it is one of a kind and is much needed.
Thank you for reading this and good luck Dan.

Return to “General Discussion”