Editing posts

All welcome, have fun, be nice
geoffreys4
Posts: 112
Joined: Fri Jan 17, 2014 1:05 pm

Editing posts

Postby geoffreys4 » Thu Mar 29, 2018 11:38 am

How do you edit a post, once it has been read?
Geoff.

Dalar
Posts: 99
Joined: Fri Jan 17, 2014 5:20 pm

Re: Editing posts

Postby Dalar » Thu Mar 29, 2018 12:32 pm

I think, if you go back into it, there should be an icon in the shape of a pencil in the top right-hand corner, then click on that. Hopefully someone will come on and confirm or say how it should be.



I have now edited this. After I posted the "pencil" icon came up in the top right hand corner and I clicked on it. Hope this helps.

geoffreys4
Posts: 112
Joined: Fri Jan 17, 2014 1:05 pm

Re: Editing posts

Postby geoffreys4 » Thu Mar 29, 2018 1:48 pm

Dalar wrote:I think, if you go back into it, there should be an icon in the shape of a pencil in the top right-hand corner, then click on that. Hopefully someone will come on and confirm or say how it should be.



I have now edited this. After I posted the "pencil" icon came up in the top right hand corner and I clicked on it. Hope this helps.


No it doesn't unfortunately.
The pencil icon is only there until someone reads it, then it goes away.
This is the only forum I have ever been on where you cannot edit at anytime.
Bit of a pain to be honest.
Thanks anyway,
Geoff.

Dalar
Posts: 99
Joined: Fri Jan 17, 2014 5:20 pm

Re: Editing posts

Postby Dalar » Thu Mar 29, 2018 5:23 pm

That's a blow. The only other way then would be to save your draft each time or click on preview before sending.

Yes agree other forums are ok. Perhaps Dan will come on soon and tell us :)

User avatar
Dan
Site Admin
Posts: 118
Joined: Thu Jan 16, 2014 3:17 pm

Re: Editing posts

Postby Dan » Fri Mar 30, 2018 4:30 pm

Hi,

Posts are locked after 1hr of being written. Part of the problem was that war would break out on here and people would go back and edit older posts to change 'what they said'.

Thanks,

Dan

Dalar
Posts: 99
Joined: Fri Jan 17, 2014 5:20 pm

Re: Editing posts

Postby Dalar » Fri Mar 30, 2018 7:11 pm

:roll: :lol: That's fair enough.

geoffreys4
Posts: 112
Joined: Fri Jan 17, 2014 1:05 pm

Re: Editing posts

Postby geoffreys4 » Sat Mar 31, 2018 7:02 am

Dan wrote:Hi,

Posts are locked after 1hr of being written. Part of the problem was that war would break out on here and people would go back and edit older posts to change 'what they said'.

Thanks,

Dan


What if the author made a mistake and just wants to correct it, or wants to add to the post. They have to write another post, so what?
Same difference really - still can be used to change what they said, for whatever reason.
Other forums don't have a problem with it, why do you Dan?
Regards,
Geoff.

User avatar
Dan
Site Admin
Posts: 118
Joined: Thu Jan 16, 2014 3:17 pm

Re: Editing posts

Postby Dan » Sun Apr 01, 2018 5:15 pm

I dont have a problem with it per se. But we did have a problem with users changing what they'd already said during a heated discussion some years ago.

I've enabled users to edit their previous posts for now and we'll see how it goes.

Dan

geoffreys4
Posts: 112
Joined: Fri Jan 17, 2014 1:05 pm

Re: Editing posts

Postby geoffreys4 » Mon Apr 02, 2018 6:55 am

Dan wrote:I dont have a problem with it per se. But we did have a problem with users changing what they'd already said during a heated discussion some years ago.

I've enabled users to edit their previous posts for now and we'll see how it goes.

Dan


Thank you, you're a star!
:D
Geoff.

geoffreys4
Posts: 112
Joined: Fri Jan 17, 2014 1:05 pm

Re: Editing posts

Postby geoffreys4 » Wed Apr 04, 2018 6:51 am

Does not seem to be available yet (??)
Geoff.


Return to “General Discussion”



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 13 guests