Gofundme

All welcome, have fun, be nice
Orange1

Re: Gofundme

Postby Orange1 » Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:22 am

Hello Pauline.
How fortunate for me to be in contact with Pauline direct.
Thank you.

Could I ask bearing in mind not at all losing sight of your personal plight.
That If you were successful in reaching donations needed.
Would in your view, it be at all feasible if concluding a positive result for you.
This positive result could cascade to the benefit of all future and existing buyers ?
A result which could introduce more protective powers being enforced to protect all current and future property purchasers in the TRNC ?

Pauline

Postby Pauline » Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:43 pm

Hi Orange,

I do realise that the GoFundMe donations will be a huge help, but in the end I shall have to fund th major part of the case myself so I would hope that I am successful and that the ECHR award me money my back plus expenses.

Yes I do think a success in the ECHR would be a benefit to others, if only in encouraging others to use the same route.

The TRNC powers that be could and should follow the example of the south, who had many many purchasers in the same position with what they
called 'toxic' mortgages. They outlawed such mortgages with an act of parliament. It took a lot of pressure from victims but in the end the EU helped in getting this legislation on to their statute books. Now the builder there has to look to the borrower for the money...not the home owner. In many ways I see this as an example to be used when preparing my case for the ECHR.

As you may know, I have spent thousands in the TRNC court system and that any costs awarded there are pocketed by the Advocate, a sort of bonus for them for winning if you will. However if s/he loses and the costs go against you, s/he expects the client to pay...a good example of having your cake and eat it.

If I am successful and do receive any compensation...I will donate a sum equal to the GoFundMe donations to someone else's GoFundMe efforts.

Orange1

Postby Orange1 » Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:40 pm

Hi Pauline.
Good to speak direct.
Could I ask
Bearing in mind your plight. Would you also think it feasible if a positive outcome result was in your favour.
That it could then bring a cascade effect policy that would protect existing and future property buyers in North Cyprus ?

Orange1

Postby Orange1 » Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:42 pm

Ooops sorry! Ignore the last above post I’m not sure how to delete.

Orange1

Postby Orange1 » Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:58 pm

Pauline.
I do hope the powers that be are fair and look at the bigger picture here in the TRNC.
It would give this beautiful part of Cyprus the confidence jab that’s much needed.

So many positives could be in the offering
Confidence in buying which would certainly raise property prices, giving this part of the island A much needed economy boost.
Scattered unfinished shells of property would be completed at present nothing more than an eye sore.

Pauline

Postby Pauline » Wed Feb 14, 2018 1:36 pm

I do agree Orange....north Cyprus is very beautiful and the people are good people, totally let down those in power whose interest seems to be self interest. The people deserve so much more.

I know I can never return because I do not think it would be safe for me to do so and that makes me so sad.

I wish you well Orange.

Return to “General Discussion”