How to register a mobile phone?

All welcome, have fun, be nice
geoffreys4

How to register a mobile phone?

Postby geoffreys4 » Thu Sep 27, 2018 10:20 am

I have a new Telsim mobile number.
How do I register this in my name on-line?
Thanks
Geoff.

Gram

Re: How to register a mobile phone?

Postby Gram » Thu Sep 27, 2018 3:38 pm

"I have a new Telsim mobile number...."
Is it a new (to TRNC) phone, or just a new sim card/number bought in TRNC and put in an 'old' phone?
Have a look at this and scroll down to "Editor's Note" at the bottom. This article is oldish (Jan 2017) but might help as to whether your phone is already registered.
I was fortunate in that I could/did register my phone online for free 3 or 4 years ago, but I suspect this is no longer possible - they will want actually see your phone in order to decide how much to "tax"! you for it.... :cry:

geoffreys4

Postby geoffreys4 » Thu Sep 27, 2018 4:13 pm

Gram wrote:"I have a new Telsim mobile number...."
Is it a new (to TRNC) phone, or just a new sim card/number bought in TRNC and put in an 'old' phone?
Have a look at this and scroll down to "Editor's Note" at the bottom. This article is oldish (Jan 2017) but might help as to whether your phone is already registered.
I was fortunate in that I could/did register my phone online for free 3 or 4 years ago, but I suspect this is no longer possible - they will want actually see your phone in order to decide how much to "tax"! you for it.... :cry:

Thanks Gram.
It is a new Telsim SIM card I bought the other day; PAYG. The actual phone is an old one I had, bought in UK originally (12 years ago!).
There used to be a way to register it on-line, maybe defunct now.
So I will have a visit to the Gazimagusa Telsim office and try and do it all down there.
The shop who sold me the PAYG SIM card said I had a month to register it.
Geoff.

Gram

Postby Gram » Thu Sep 27, 2018 9:03 pm

Might still be worth trying the link if you ever brought the phone here before; I just (out of curiosity) tried it again, putting in the IMEI no. and my UK phone no. (last 10 digits only) and it gave the following -

"SONUÇ: Kullanıma açık IMEI (Kayıtlı IMEI. IMEI herhangi bir abone numarası ile kullanılabilir)"
which translates as
"IMEI available (Registered IMEI. IMEI can be used with any subscriber number)"

followed by make/model/IMEI/number of my phone....

I did all this when I bought a Telsim chip way back, but since that ran out a couple of years ago I have just used my UK Vodafone PAYG sim - same call charges etc as in the UK. ;)

geoffreys4

Postby geoffreys4 » Fri Sep 28, 2018 6:34 am

Gram wrote:Might still be worth trying the link if you ever brought the phone here before; I just (out of curiosity) tried it again, putting in the IMEI no. and my UK phone no. (last 10 digits only) and it gave the following -

"SONUÇ: Kullanıma açık IMEI (Kayıtlı IMEI. IMEI herhangi bir abone numarası ile kullanılabilir)"
which translates as
"IMEI available (Registered IMEI. IMEI can be used with any subscriber number)"

followed by make/model/IMEI/number of my phone....

I did all this when I bought a Telsim chip way back, but since that ran out a couple of years ago I have just used my UK Vodafone PAYG sim - same call charges etc as in the UK. ;)

Many thanks for that Gram.
Geoff.

Return to “General Discussion”