Gofundme

All welcome, have fun, be nice
Pauline

Gofundme

Postby Pauline » Wed Nov 29, 2017 9:43 pm

Due to being removed from the Kulaksiz 5 case by the High Court...I have no other course of action open to me but to take this case to the ECHR...having exhausted all domestic remedies.

After 9 years of court appearances and fees I need a little financial help. Just keeping you updated.

https://www.gofundme.com/paulines-echr- ... nst-turkey

Mavikiz

Re: Gofundme

Postby Mavikiz » Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:44 pm

Pauline may I ask why you wish to sue Turkey?
I apologise if I am not fully informed on your legal
Battle but I dont understand how Turkey comes into the frame.

Pauline

Postby Pauline » Sun Dec 10, 2017 12:12 am

The answer is that since TURKISH Republic of Northern Cyprus is not recognised by anyone but Turkey and Turkey is a signatory to the principles of the European Court of Human Rights, then this is the route people use. I will by no means the first person to take this route when wronged in TRNC.
wish I could take the TRNC directly to the ECHR, but that is not possible.

Turkey, as you probably know, financially keeps the north afloat.

Pauline

Postby Pauline » Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:27 pm

I get a little fed up with reading that I decided to go ‘my own way’ or that the situation as far as the Kulaksiz site known as Kulaksiz 5 has been legally settled.

With regard to my deciding to go my own way. UNTRUE….the High Court Judges in their wisdom decided to terminate my membership of the Kulaksiz 5 after my being in the Kulaksiz 5 -v- Akfinans Bank Limited case for almost 8 years as part of their judgement given in the Appeal of the 16th November 2017. Their reasoning was that I had won a judgement in my Breach of Contract case…very true…but they failed to take into account that the case and the judgement was cancelled by the High Court in October 2013 so no longer existed and was never paid out. After thousands of £’s in legal fees, not only did I end up with nothing, but the High Court handed my property to Akfinans Bank Limited despite the Lower Court Judge finding the Bank’s actions in putting a mortgage on the properties and then auctioning them to be fraudulent.

Having exhausted all legal remedies open to me in the TRNC, I am now taking my case to the ECHR and suing Turkey…as indeed the the whole of the Kulakszi 5 would have done so if they had not been put back on the court treadmill.

With regard to the other owners at Kulaksiz 5. The same Appeal gave them the right to go back to the beginning…i.e. November 2005 and ordered the Kocans to be put back into the name of the landowner. They were also given leave to join with Kulaksiz Construction Limited, Abdurrahman Guney and Yuksel Yilmaz (landowner) as defendents in the case Akfinans Bank Limited -v-all them.

So what does this mean? They will be tied up in court for years to come…if the defendants win then the bank will appeal (again)…if they lose..they will appeal again. Can you see where this is going? They will all be pushing up the daisies long before there is a resolution and they will pay heavily for the privilege.

The legal system in the TRNC is beyond anyone’s understanding. I pray the European Court of Human Rights has no bias.

Pauline Read

Pauline

Postby Pauline » Thu Feb 08, 2018 3:43 pm

cantsay

Postby cantsay » Sun Feb 11, 2018 11:51 am

Pauline, surely asking for funding on a NC forum to take on Turkey is rather strange as its surely putting people in a peculiar position when most live in NC which is supported financially by Turkey.

Pauline

Postby Pauline » Sun Feb 11, 2018 6:15 pm

K5 did submit a case to the ECHR in 2010. case number 75417/2010..but it was too soon as we had not exhausted all domestic remedies at that time The case although initially accepted was then rejected for that reason...that case also against Turkey.

TRNC is not recognised by ECHR but Turkey are members of the council of Europe and this how many such cases from TRNC have
been able to to heard at the ECHR.

I understand your concern and of course if people feel vulnerable then I fully undertstand their feeling they cannot donate....however, as with
all such funds, it is possible to donate anonymously.

I have exhausted all domestic remedies now but the rest of K5 have not and they have more court appearances ahead of them in the TRNC.

Cheers

Dalar

Postby Dalar » Sun Feb 11, 2018 6:26 pm

Cantsay ....The answer is in message 3....who or where else would one go to. One has to exhaust the legal route all the way to the High Court in TRNC before one can take someone to the ECHR and as is explained, Turkey is a signatory to the ECHR. In other words...Turkey is responsible for TRNC because it props it up financially. Some people have been lucky to settle their grievances before it gets to the High Court. It's no good people getting frightened about what Turkey might or might not do, it's been like since after 1974 and there have been people that have successfully sued Turkey through the EHCR over Property Rights.

Everything one does is peoples individual choice. There is nothing strange about what she is doing.

Pauline did not ask for Funding on another Forum it was a donator that put on a message to say what they had done. She had put the GoFundMe link on Facebook some time ago, where the original poster had found it. Another poster on the said Forum, rightly or wrongly, encouraged the Forum members to donate, which seemed to have hit a raw nerve and no one has had their arm put behind their back to donate.

See that Pauline has answered so hopefully it's clear.

Orange1

Postby Orange1 » Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:41 am

I have managed to read up on Pauline’s plight to the best of my ability.
I think it is an excellent way of Pauline getting the powers of be to listen to not only Her own dilemma but to draw attention to other People who have had the misfortune of investing in North Cyprus.
I myself are very familiar and know of many others who have tried to abide by the right way going through the legal system relating to property issues. Only to find that the buyers who genuinely wanted to invest in North Cyprus have got more than a raw deal with very poor outcomes.
I know of people being locked into court cases that go on for years. Draining even the most confident of people who thought fair justice was the order of the day.
I know none personally that actually had a fair outcome.
So If Pauline can get some sort of recognition from the powers that be through GoFundme then it would certainly at the same time raise awareness of other people who have fell foul relating to North Cyprus property issues.
All have a great opportunity to help many of those innocent purchasers that have been touched my the misfortune of buying in North Cyprus.

Good luck with it all Pauline.

Pauline

Postby Pauline » Mon Feb 12, 2018 4:51 pm

Thank you Orange.. In truth I do not expect to live long enough to see the end of this...but I will fight on and get my case into the long queue
at Strasbourg where the ECHR is based. I will just pray for the best.

Return to “General Discussion”