Breach of Contract - Justice at last!

All welcome, have fun, be nice
Dizzy

Breach of Contract - Justice at last!

Postby Dizzy » Thu Oct 12, 2017 5:51 pm

It is with great pleasure to be able to finally say that we have been repaid all monies due to us, from the breach of contract epic long court case which began in September 2012!

It cannot have been achieved without the fantastic legal team that has been there for us every step of the way.

Yes, we had to make several demands, yes we had to threaten builders with personnal bankruptcy and commercial bankruptcy. Yes, we were threatened in return, messed around etc .... but our brilliant legal team in the TRNC made it happen and we have received our settlement in full, freeing us at last from the immoveable property roundabout .....

Good Luck to anyone who is about to do the same as us. Remember if you have the right paperwork, you have bags of patience, and you have the right legal team.... IT CAN BE ACHIEVED!

Good bye TRNC it was a pleasure knowing you and the lovely people we met ...... good riddence to those nasty builders who destroyed our dreams, mortgaged our property illegally and then sold it on ...illegally ...but we have our money back now and we are free to start our future again ...but not in TRNC ...

Munir Akil .... we love you and your team ... you made this possible, it has put our faith back in the fact that there are good people in TRNC and that the legal framework is in place for the likes of us who find themselves in the immoveable property maelstrom. To those of you who did not believe this could be achieved, and to those who took away their 'business' from Mr Akil .... you are fools! :lol:

Wookie

Re: Breach of Contract - Justice at last!

Postby Wookie » Fri Oct 13, 2017 5:46 am

Congratulations Dizzy, so refreshing to hear that someone has finally got justice here, wish you the best of luck in your future ventures, let hope those that are in a similar situation find hope in your post :D

cantsay

Postby cantsay » Fri Oct 13, 2017 10:35 am

Well done to you for sticking it out, it takes tenacity to carry things through. So pleased to hear also a legal team willing to take it right through with out being biased towards the crooks! ...

So pleased for you Dizzy... :D

Billyboy

Postby Billyboy » Sat Oct 14, 2017 10:13 pm

Good news Dizzy. Glad it all paid off in the end, I'm sure it was a long hard road. All the very best for your future.
Bill

Dizzy

Postby Dizzy » Mon Oct 16, 2017 5:04 pm

Thank you Wookie, Cantsay and Billyboy for your lovely replies. It's just such a relief to be able to move on. Many people think it is not possible to take a builder for Breach of Contract, but our case proves that it is possible.

We have received back all the money we paid to the builder on our original contract, granted we cannot use our lovely villa anymore, but nor could we ever sell it. The choice was simple for us, free us up with the money on this immoveable property in Alsancak, so we had the choice of buying a property with a legal Kocan if we so desired. But after this, it has left such a distrust with the builders that we are now looking in other parts of Europe to start again!

Don't anyone be put off taking a builder to court, its better than 'staying in a property' that you will never own, waiting for the banks to come and claim it back! :o

Pauline

Postby Pauline » Wed Nov 29, 2017 9:27 pm

I am absolutely delighted for you Dizzy...enjoy the rest of your life free of this worry.

I too won a Breach of Contract action but sadly the court allowed injunctions to be put on what initially appeared to be land but
turned out to be property owned by other British purchasers, so the High Court, at my instigation, overturned the case.

Ironically this was given as the reason I was thrown out of the Kulaksiz 5 case, by the High Court, even though they found
that the rest of the petitioners had been victims of fraud and ordered the tapu to return the kocans back to the way they were
back in 2005. It seems they are going to allow the bank to keep my villa they have occupied since 2010. Still not over for the rest of K5, they
will be parties to the case of 2008 when the bank was given permission to auction the properties at Kulaksiz 5

I am now taking Turkey to the ECHR having exhausted all domestic remedies. My battle for the Breach of Contract
took 15 months...my battle with the bank 9 years in total.

Return to “General Discussion”