Insurance

All welcome, have fun, be nice
cantsay

Insurance

Postby cantsay » Mon Apr 03, 2017 7:57 pm

Can any one recommend an insurance company for house, car , pool ect please .. ... :)

Wookie

Re: Insurance

Postby Wookie » Tue Apr 04, 2017 7:11 am

Zirve Sigorta, opposite Lokmans Fish and Chips Restaurant, excellent service, sorted my car out the next day after an idiot reversed into me, can't praise them enough

cantsay

Postby cantsay » Tue Apr 04, 2017 9:02 am

Forgot to say its for a friend who is moving to NC , thanks wookie, will wait to see if any more recommendations come forward and if any one has had rotten experiences with any of them ... :)

Smoggies

Postby Smoggies » Tue Apr 04, 2017 9:16 am

We use Credit West bank for our car insurance so far we have not had to make a claim. We did have house and contents insurance with Can Sigorta but it took nearly a year to get anything out of them when we made a and then it was only about 50% of the claims value.

cantsay

Postby cantsay » Tue Apr 04, 2017 1:40 pm

Hi smoggies, I presume this is the same firm as Zerve Sigorta? Thanks for info, as its most important to get opinions from people who have had good and bad experiences of insurers .

Wookie

Postby Wookie » Wed Apr 05, 2017 6:54 am

Hi cantsay, the name of the company I deal with is Esta Insurance opposite Lokmans, the Zerve Sigorta is the insurance itself hope this makes sense :D

aripointer

Postby aripointer » Mon Apr 10, 2017 2:06 pm

One company to avoid is Limassol Bank
We bought our insurance via it's agent Cyprus Pines Rent a Car.
For eight years we never made a claim.
In 2016 we made a claim for flooding and water ingress due to heavy rain.
The insurance company agreed to pay for the damage.
The cheapest quote to repair the damage was £2,500
All the insurance company was willing to pay was £620
Both the bank and the agent are to be avoided.
We now use Dagli Sigorta Trevor Hughes.

AP

cantsay

Postby cantsay » Wed Apr 12, 2017 5:23 pm

Thanks airpointer, you use Dagi Sigorta now, have you made any claims from this firm yet and if so were they ok with the claim.

aripointer

Postby aripointer » Thu Apr 13, 2017 1:36 pm

Hi cantsay.

This is our first year with Dagli so I cannot say what the outcome would be if we ever had to make a claim.

When Trevor Hughes ( Dagli agent), came to our property to quote. He took many photographs of the outside and the interior of the property. He asked a lot of questions and he gave us a lot of advice to which we have taken.

When we took out the policy with Limassol. The agent never visited our property Apparently he only drove past our property. I assume to check the property was actually built.

I did question Trevor on the claim with Limassol. I showed him photographs of the flood and water ingress damage. He confirmed that Dagli would have paid the claim in full.

The plus points with Dagli is. Trevor Hughes is a straight talker, understands the insurance business and gives sound advice.

Dealing with my claim with Limassol was a nightmare. The agent (Cyprus Pines) promised to be at meetings but never turned up. The manager of the insurance department all of a sudden didn't understand English when I questioned the agreements we had made at previous meetings. Ironically when I went to cash the cheque it was made out and dated five and a half months previously.

As I have said do not touch Limassol Bank Insurance and Cyprus Pines Rent a Car acting as the agent for Limassol Bank Insurance. I have never hired a car from Cyprus Pines but I would also be very wary of hiring a car from them?

AP

cantsay

Postby cantsay » Thu Apr 13, 2017 2:48 pm

Thanks airpointer, just had a message saying beware of Dagi as well ... so thanks for all replies , will pass on names any way then they can make up theor own minds ... :)

Return to “General Discussion”