Rubbish.

All welcome, have fun, be nice
plastic bottle

Rubbish.

Postby plastic bottle » Fri Mar 31, 2017 2:02 am

Hello all, I would like to ask what is the local government going to do with the amount of rubbish left on the side of the road and coastline it so blites this beautiful country? As a visitor it brakes my heart to see the amount of discarded plastic bottles, sacks of refuse left along the coastline.

Thank you.

cantsay

Re: Rubbish.

Postby cantsay » Fri Mar 31, 2017 9:24 am

Yes the rubbish left after the Sundays and the annual breaks in NC are basically disgusting... Broken beer bottles and plastic thrown about, it would surely help if rubbish bins were put out at the picnic sites, then picked up every Monday thats if they want tourists and family's to visit .

Think the way forward is to email the tourist office in NC and also the local beledese , it needs people to write to these organisations and tell them how disgusted you are etc... Being a tourist you can explain what you see and what needs to be done to encourage tourists to the Island ..

Billyboy

Postby Billyboy » Fri Mar 31, 2017 8:48 pm

Sadly, I agree with both these posts. I'm always sad and disappointed when I go to the lovely beach at Algadi and see it littered with all sorts of trash.
I'm going to the festival of Cyprus in London in May, will see if there's anywhere there where I can voice this.

Wookie

Postby Wookie » Sat Apr 01, 2017 7:24 am

I agree with all of the above, the most annoying thing is whatever you buy, be it pizza, sandwich, coke in all the local shops you get a carrier bag!!! why not put it back in the carrier bag when used and take it home............not rocket science, but what I don't understand is why they have to break all the glass bottles, knowing full well children and animals use the beaches and picnic area's. there are some beaches I won't even walk my dogs on in the winter never mind the summer............grrrrrrrrrrrrr

Return to “General Discussion”