KKTC Internet provider

All welcome, have fun, be nice
Kingfisher

KKTC Internet provider

Postby Kingfisher » Wed Mar 29, 2017 12:34 pm

Hello
We have just rented a flat in Famagusta/Gazimağusa and need to have internet access.

Do we need a residence permit to install internet in the flat?

What are the best providers for ADSL? We don't need TV or anything, just to be able to surf.

Thank you in advance for your advice

Custard

Re: KKTC Internet provider

Postby Custard » Thu Mar 30, 2017 12:54 pm

hi Kingfisher

No need for a permit to get broadband installed - just give Multimax or Nethouse Networks a call. I think they both cover your part of the Island.

I've been with Multimax for the past 4 years and never had any real issues. Speeds are goods and support has been helpful on the few occasions i've needed any.

https://www.mmcyp.com/en/residential-packages.php

Kingfisher

Postby Kingfisher » Mon Apr 03, 2017 12:49 pm

Thank you Custard. I will look into them too.

At the moment I am trying to compare all offers. Some have a minimum sign-up of 3 months for the initial contract, TürkCell asks for a Tapu or a work permit or a RP, some have fixed installation costs, others cost it out per metre of cable, some ask for a deposit if the contract is less than 12 months, others ask for a monthly payment to Türk Telekmünikasyon + VAT and the cost of the modem varies wildly. And of course there is the choice between VDSL or ADSL...

At the moment I have Cypking, Extend, BroadMax, Turkcell, Telsim, Nethouse, MultiMax to compare. When I have finished, I'll draw up a comparative table of cost and conditions which might be useful to others.

Jllvehdist

Postby Jllvehdist » Mon Apr 24, 2017 1:17 pm

For ADSL you will need a Land Line.... Have you got one?

Then you have to wait for the phone company to open a Portal !!!

Kingfisher

Postby Kingfisher » Thu May 25, 2017 11:00 am

Sorry for the late reply. I must set up notifications properly!

We ended up choosing Gold Surf WDSL so don't need a landline. The comparative table I wanted to draw up turned out far too complex as some companies ask for 3 months minimum at sign up, some count installation costs, other don't. Some have unlimited wireless with restrictions at varying hours of the evening, other limit throughout the day unless you take Premium service. Some add on the installation of antenna others don't and not all companies service Gazi Mağusa. So we went on a friend's recommendation and so far service and quality has been good and we are capable of running our web design business over it. Thank you for your suggestions.

Return to “General Discussion”