Driving like Wacky Races

All welcome, have fun, be nice
Wookie

Driving like Wacky Races

Postby Wookie » Mon Mar 20, 2017 7:21 am

Just reading the news page, and yet another fatal road accident, when is it going to stop!

According to government sources there are 60 traffic incidents a week and at least 1 fatality. I have lived and driven here for 3 years and the amount of traffic on the roads has increased considerably and the drivers...........well,

Girne is terrible, they don't park their cars they just abandon them where they can get a space regardless if 50% is stuck out in the road, 1st one on a roundabout gets there regardless of who you cut off while your doing it. Most car apparently don't have indicators................

Driving at night is not a good experience for the faint hearted. No regard to speed limits (especially if you've got a straight road like the Lapta Strip)
most drivers don't know which is their dipped or main beam for the lights.............that's if they bother to put the lights on, or if both lights actually work!! And don't even get me started on Drink Driving................

Do'nt know where its going to end, think we need more traffic police VISIBLE, maybe more roadside checks, what do other members think?

Jllvehdist

Re: Driving like Wacky Races

Postby Jllvehdist » Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:43 am

What makes no sense at all is the number of people driving very expensive Mercedes, 4 x 4's Etc. whilst on the phone.

Almost all of theses vehicles are fitted with Blue Tooth facility why do they not use it?

cantsay

Postby cantsay » Mon Mar 20, 2017 12:38 pm

We visit 3 times a year and over the years have seen a marked increase of stupid reckless driving. Some of the Merc taxi drivers are the worst, they cut you up, travel at 100 miles an hour which makes you think they are in a race for the 'pearly gates', not sure why they think they are indestructible.
The young drive like a 5 year old, girls either on their phones, the young men hurtle like some one possessed with self destruction. What really really annoys me is seeing the stupid parents with children not wearing seat belts, no care at all for their young. .... The police who are taking orders from their Cheif in Command so really its the level higher up that needs to get to grips and start enforcing rules. But they possibly cant be bothered as this would make work for them in installing laws into their 'bobbies' .....
It defiantly needs stronger leader ship, as when we see another accident of the young person, the family start by saying its every one else's fault other than their poor girl/boy who is either dead or seriously injured, its not because they bleedy cant drive properly or the stupid parents for buying a power ful car in the first place ..
There... rant over .... :)

Rant over as I have been banned from forum and dont know why as I havent posted for a while... :( .. No email, no message, just banned ... ... no reply as to why either .. :( rant over ...

Dalar

Postby Dalar » Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:56 pm

What forum have you been banned from as your posting on here now?

Driving in NC has been crazy for many years but as has been said there are more cars on the road now. Years ago, less cars and more space to swerve about. NC is a place to go where you don't have to adhere to rules because there is no one to implement them. From the top to the bottom no one gives a toss.

cantsay

Postby cantsay » Tue Mar 21, 2017 10:59 am

Banned from this forum Dalar, no email no pm, just when I logged in a message saying you are banned until Sunday 3:51, ! . It would have been good to know why from a moderator or the 'boss',

Very strange .....

old trucker

Postby old trucker » Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:21 am

Its not just the TRNC that has this problem in the UK you see people speeding on the phone and running red lights.

Dalar

Postby Dalar » Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:41 am

old trucker wrote:
> Its not just the TRNC that has this problem in the UK you see people
> speeding on the phone and running red lights.

Don't disagree with that, I see the things you mention everyday in the UK. TRNC being a small place, you seem to notice it more.

Dalar

Postby Dalar » Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:46 am

cantsay wrote:
> Banned from this forum Dalar, no email no pm, just when I logged in a
> message saying you are banned until Sunday 3:51, ! . It would have been
> good to know why from a moderator or the 'boss',
>
> Very strange .....

It is strange, but some time back wasn't Dan doing some extra work on the system(or am I dreaming) maybe that has done something to your log in. Hopefully someone will look in soon. :)

cantsay

Postby cantsay » Tue Mar 21, 2017 4:55 pm

Hope so Dalar , just couldnt understand as I have been away from the internet for a week, thought it was "April Fool" come early ! .. :lol: ....

SussexBoy

Postby SussexBoy » Fri Mar 24, 2017 3:28 pm

We had a horrendous taxi journey from Esentepe to Larnaca in November. For much of the way driver was doing 140-150 kph in 65/80 kph zones and reached 175 kph on the max 100 kph motorway going toward Larnaca – much of the time driving one-handed in the left-hand drive Merc . Earlier, near Geçitkale, there was very hard breaking at several roundabouts. On one occasion, he overtook a slower car on the inside lane on the motorway to Larnaca while doing 120 kph and then sped through the Average Speed Cameras. We got to Larnaca airport in record time despite the driver stopping on the two occasions and him having a very long social chat with the customs officer at the border crossing! We both felt thoroughly stressed and relieved to get out of the taxi. Reported driver - well known hire company in Girne - who said that they had reprimanded their driver!!!

Return to “General Discussion”