Where is everyone

All welcome, have fun, be nice
LooseBoots
Site Admin

Where is everyone

Postby LooseBoots » Tue Sep 13, 2016 11:31 pm

It truly amazes me that this forum is not more widely used. I may be being pessimistic but it seems it is only used to ask when another forum is down.

Hardly fair is it?

old trucker

Re: Where is everyone

Postby old trucker » Wed Sep 14, 2016 8:50 am

i agree and the other site seems to have problems from within

LooseBoots
Site Admin

Postby LooseBoots » Thu Sep 15, 2016 12:09 am

Well, I think it will be a problem of use it or lose it. We tend to think that these forums run themselves.
I think Dan has done brilliantly to keep it going this long. I especially like LG NEWS.

But if there isnt the traffic , when people want to know what the problem is on another forum, this won't be here.

I don't think all the forums are as tolerant of asking about other forums.

cantsay

Postby cantsay » Fri Sep 16, 2016 7:45 pm

have to agree with old trucker, it looks like the 'boss' has forgotten how to be a gentleman !!! not good... :(

Still, if we all post on here maybe others might join in and get it going ... :)

Wookie

Postby Wookie » Sat Sep 17, 2016 8:43 am

I also agree with trucker and cantsay, sometime the admins/moderators become demi-gods and think they can "control" what forum members can and cannot discuss.

aripointer

Postby aripointer » Sat Sep 17, 2016 12:34 pm

I agree with LB and Trucker.

I put a post on the other forum regarding the closing time of the Metehan crossing insurance booth TRNC side yesterday. I would thought the post was worth being on the main forum as many flights are arriving late at LCA and PFO due to the now regular weekly/ monthly French air traffic controllers strikes.

The mods decided to put the post in the travel section. Seeing the post in the TS. I asked the mods for the post to be put on the main forum, my request has been ignored. OK yes, the post is travel related but I feel it is important enough to be put on the main forum.

I do like this forum. The layout is very good and concise.

Let's use it more or as previously said we will loose it.

AP

LooseBoots
Site Admin

Postby LooseBoots » Fri Sep 23, 2016 12:04 am

aripointer wrote:I agree with LB and Trucker.

I put a post on the other forum regarding the closing time of the Metehan crossing insurance booth TRNC side yesterday. I would thought the post was worth being on the main forum as many flights are arriving late at LCA and PFO due to the now regular weekly/ monthly French air traffic controllers strikes.

The mods decided to put the post in the travel section. Seeing the post in the TS. I asked the mods for the post to be put on the main forum, my request has been ignored. OK yes, the post is travel related but I feel it is important enough to be put on the main forum.

I do like this forum. The layout is very good and concise.

Let's use it more or as previously said we will loose it.

AP

To be fair the mods on the other forum are under strict guidelines to move threads into the correct forum. I think the thinking behind it is it is easier to find things if they are sorted that way.
What i used to do was check the active threads listing anyway instead of the sections or the general section. Or even the unread threads.Saves trolling through all the stuff you don't want to see.

But its such a sham this forum is underused.

old trucker

Postby old trucker » Fri Sep 23, 2016 2:24 pm

I also like LGC News check it out daily

LooseBoots
Site Admin

Postby LooseBoots » Fri Sep 23, 2016 2:56 pm

old trucker wrote:I also like LGC News check it out daily

Yes Indeed. LGC news is very good. Just a pity that people after checking out the news don't comment on the forum to keep it alive and kicking.
I am doing my best to generate dialogue but there's only so much I can do.

joan54

Postby joan54 » Fri Sep 23, 2016 5:10 pm

This is my preferred forum. However I don't live full time in TRNC so I only access this forum when I am there.

Return to “General Discussion”