CCTV

All welcome, have fun, be nice
barryfoil

CCTV

Postby barryfoil » Fri Feb 20, 2015 3:14 pm

Hi
I would like to set up a CCTV system I can monitor via the internet when back in the
UK.
Just wondering if anyone has experience of such a set up here.

Barry

bradus

Re: CCTV

Postby bradus » Fri Feb 20, 2015 7:58 pm

No but what a good idea.

TATLISU13

Postby TATLISU13 » Fri Feb 20, 2015 11:03 pm

Hi Barry,
I know there is a good 24hr webcam at the Denizkizi Hotel beach.
https://www.denizkizi.com/general/livecam.html
I have seen others at Aligadi and some private ones, but this is the only one that seems to consistently transmit a live feed. Maybe you could ask there?
Cheers,
Gareth

Gram

Postby Gram » Sat Feb 21, 2015 2:41 am

Hi,
I have a Foscam wireless IP camera, which I can access over the internet. There are several makes and models of wireless IP cameras available, and the normal practice is to set them up "on site" with a wired connection to your PC. Once done, then they can be connected to via wifi. The next step is to set up a "long-distance" availability by signing up to a remote DNS provider - I use NoIP, which is free provided you renew the connection each month (they email you a reminder), or you can pay for extras - I don't, but have used it for over a year, and have accessed my camera from Cyprus without any problem.
Another useful (free) program to use with an IP camera (or wired webcam) is Yawcam - this can be used for streaming and/or as a security camera, triggered by movement and storing pictures on your PC or on your website/cloud storage.
There are other programs etc available, some free and some paid for, but the above have worked very well for me over a good time.

Gram

barryfoil

Postby barryfoil » Sun Feb 22, 2015 11:26 am

Hi Gram
Thank you for the reply. Did you set the system up yourself or got it done here. didn't think you would need a DNS provider, i assumed you only need that to get around the blocking of content that Amazon , Netflix do if you are not in the UK. I was thinking of bringing out a Maplin kit and trying to set it up. Are you not using a DVR to record with ?
Still lots to learn !
Barry

thickey

Postby thickey » Sun Feb 22, 2015 11:50 am

Gram

Postby Gram » Sun Feb 22, 2015 4:15 pm

Hi,
I did set everything up myself; the instructions with the camera were pretty clear, and the youtube link above is very informative - it's best to read/watch a couple of times first, and then keep referring as you actually do set it all up. The important point as said in the video is to set your router so that the camera has a static IP address - if the router is allowed to allocate the address, you will not be able to access your camera remotely.
As for recording, I use Yawcam, and just record onto my PC hard drive - as I only record stills (recorded at 2 second intervals, triggered by movement), I can quickly scan through the recorded pictures and delete what is not required. There are many (free) alternatives to Yawcam - I also tried iSpy - but Yawcam is very simple to use but effective.
I don't know about Maplin kits, but if you go for a Foscam camera, there is a small but niggling problem if using Internet Explorer, where a necessary download file is awkward to instal - it can be done (only needed once), but is fiddly - if using Firefox, no problem.

Gram

barryfoil

Postby barryfoil » Mon Feb 23, 2015 12:01 pm

thanks
for all the help

Barry

karmels

Postby karmels » Mon Feb 23, 2015 1:22 pm

There is a security firm at the traffic lights to Ozankoy opposite the car show room, they will give you all the info you need.

lindseynicole010

Postby lindseynicole010 » Mon Feb 20, 2017 1:37 pm

thanks

Return to “General Discussion”