Free concert this evening at Eastern Mediterranean University

All welcome, have fun, be nice
iancrumpy

Free concert this evening at Eastern Mediterranean University

Postby iancrumpy » Wed May 16, 2012 11:01 am

For those living in the Mağusa/Boğaz area you might like to consider attending a free rock concert this evening in the university's stadium. The artist is Şebnem Ferah. According to the event's facebook page;
Do
the concert will start at 9.30, but don't be surprised if she doesn't appear until 10.30.
Şebnem is now 40 and has been performing for nearly 20 years. Her more recent style has been quite hard rock, but I will always remember her for the 1996 "Bu Aşk Fazla Sana"
Sebnem Ferah Bu Ask Fazla Sana - YouTube

Re ; underfoot conditions - Those living in Mağusa will be fully aware of the downpour we experienced on Monday, causing many areas around the university to be under water. There are still quite a few big puddles around, but, having just had a wander around the stadium, can report that the pitch itself, upon which the concert-goers will be standing, is quite dry. To protect the pitch, the university might put a covering over it, but at present there is no such protection. In any case, let's hope we have no more rain today.

Hopefully we'll see some of you there ...
Ian & Havva

iancrumpy

Having checked the event's facebook

Postby iancrumpy » Wed May 16, 2012 11:24 am

Having checked the event's facebook page, it writes that those not at the university have to pay 10TL. Let me reassure that this is no longer the case ... everyone can attend free-of-charge.

iancrumpy

[QUOTE=iancrumpy;1107]Having checked the event's facebook

Postby iancrumpy » Wed May 16, 2012 12:54 pm

[QUOTE=iancrumpy;1107]Having checked the event's facebook page, it writes that those not at the university have to pay 10TL. Let me reassure that this is no longer the case ... everyone can attend free-of-charge.[/QUOTE:c5a27f9e]

We have just phoned the university and in fact it is indeed 10TL for those not studying or working at the university. You can buy your ticket at booths outside the stadium.

Return to “General Discussion”