dougskud:junior member!! infers less importance than member!!

All welcome, have fun, be nice
dougskud

dougskud:junior member!! infers less importance than member!!

Postby dougskud » Tue May 08, 2012 10:58 am

Hi all good morning, yet another rain soaked start to the day and all I have to lookforward to is steam cleaning the bathroom with my new toy!!.

Just passing some time looking through this Forum I have noticed that members have been identified with certain suggested levels of Forum status (junior member,member).

Could I ask Dan by what criteria are membership status are awarded and is there a senior member position?

Would it also be possible to publish a list of those members who assist Dan in managing this Forum.

Thanks

Doug

cornish

and this is posted in

Postby cornish » Tue May 08, 2012 12:04 pm

and this is posted in properties for sale because..... :-)

dougskud

Cornish, if your question is

Postby dougskud » Tue May 08, 2012 12:31 pm

Cornish, if your question is posed to me my answer is "Iv'e no idea" indeed I have only just found it some 50 minutes or so after posting it.
regards

Doug

Dan

Doug, Member levels are determined by

Postby Dan » Tue May 08, 2012 12:49 pm

Doug,

Member levels are determined by the number of posts a member has made. There are 5 levels of membership but being a new forum, most members are still at Junior Member level.

We don't give out lists of our usernames for any level of membership or status. This is done to protect the security of the forum as it could assist someone trying to gain access to a privileged account.

Thanks,

Dan

dougskud

Hi Dan thankyou for your

Postby dougskud » Tue May 08, 2012 1:40 pm

Hi Dan thankyou for your mail and explanation.

If you are able, could I ask you to expand a little on your response and answer the points I make below.

What are the five levels of Membership and what number of posts need to be achieved to qualify for each of the levels.

What benefit do you believe is achieved for the Forum by creating a status structure based entirely on activity/volume of posts, after all if I wanted to achieve Member status it would probably take me about an hour to knock out sufficient posts to qualify.

But what would be the benefit to the Forum? probably nothing or even a negative reaction as other forum members would not bother to read what often would be ephemeral postings.

I would suggest volume of posts to create a status structure is totally flawed, indeed I would argue that someone posting interesting material or participating in well mannered written debate is of far more value and interest to Forum users.

Let's keep the number of posts displayed but dump the status structure

kind regards

Doug

Dan

Thanks for your feedback Doug,

Postby Dan » Tue May 08, 2012 3:23 pm

Thanks for your feedback Doug, we'll bear it in mind.

Return to “General Discussion”