Expat Banking with Creditwest Bank

All welcome, have fun, be nice
theparson

As the amount of ex-pat

Postby theparson » Mon May 07, 2012 8:21 pm

As the amount of ex-pat money is dwindling (people returning to the U.K) the banks are desperate to get your NEW money and will offer good rates as a carrot to move from your existing banks. Play them off against each other, adding at least a half percentage point to what other banks will give you.
A good bank would keep its existing customers permanently on the top rate, but I dont think there is such a thing as a good bank anywhere in the world.
Play them at their own game.

oksana akiner

Dear Bellaboo, CW is not Ukraine/TRNC

Postby oksana akiner » Fri May 11, 2012 11:42 am

Dear Bellaboo,
CW is not Ukraine/TRNC bank....it is local Turkish Cypriot Bank which has established its first branch abroad...

Dan

[QUOTE=theparson;940]As the amount of ex-pat

Postby Dan » Fri May 11, 2012 12:52 pm

[QUOTE=theparson;940]As the amount of ex-pat money is dwindling (people returning to the U.K) the banks are desperate to get your NEW money and will offer good rates as a carrot to move from your existing banks. Play them off against each other, adding at least a half percentage point to what other banks will give you.
A good bank would keep its existing customers permanently on the top rate, but I dont think there is such a thing as a good bank anywhere in the world.
Play them at their own game.[/QUOTE:1760e717]

I've been with Garanti bank since I moved here 4 months ago. Like many other banks, the rate is based on your level of investment but mine has been excellent and has stayed the same every month without discussion.

Dan

theparson

Glad you are happy with

Postby theparson » Fri May 11, 2012 3:10 pm

Glad you are happy with the deal, and pleased with the bank.

Dan

Not something I'd say about

Postby Dan » Sun May 13, 2012 7:43 pm

Not something I'd say about any bank in the UK! :D

Return to “General Discussion”