Belllaboo

Postby Belllaboo » Tue May 01, 2012 9:21 pm

Dan

Postby Dan » Wed May 02, 2012 9:49 am

dougskud

Hi Dan & Looseboots goodmorning. Getting

Postby dougskud » Thu May 03, 2012 12:39 pm

Hi Dan & Looseboots goodmorning.

Getting there slowly: I would describe as failing rather quickly. Lot's of regular contributors is the only way to ensure this Forum is successful. Currently I am bored out of my mind watching yet another down pour of rain the only saving grace is the snooker and American Idol (on the subject of AI they are down to the last 5 and they are all very good in particular is a 16 year old singer called Jessica Sanchez who will become bigger than Whitney) and even in this rain sodden mode sometimes I can't be bothered to log on to see nothing worth reading.

As a suggestion I am going to send an email to three friends who were regulars on C44 to encourage them to join up, if we all do that we should be over 1000 members and hopefully start making this Forum compulsive daily reading.

Can I also suggest Dan emails every bar, restaurant, entertainer etc inviting them to post information on the food/entertainment they offer, same with car boot sales etc. Let's get some interaction going.

regards
Chris & Doug

Belllaboo

Well, those of us who

Postby Belllaboo » Thu May 03, 2012 2:04 pm

Well, those of us who are contributing are doing our bit, but I honestly can't see the point of starting a contentious thread just for the hell of it, can you? I mean, people are beginning to ask "what", where" and "how", others are replying to best of their ability and that's the way it goes. I can't see anything wrong in that.

It would help though, if people advertise something for sale and I ask a question about said item, and no-one bothers to reply. Don't know why they put it on the board really.

melnotgibson

Dougskud Its a good idea for

Postby melnotgibson » Thu May 03, 2012 4:16 pm

Dougskud
Its a good idea for Dan to get more entertainment content into the forum.
I dont watch AI as I find it more banal than you consider this forum to be!. So i guess tastes vary.
Good idea to encourage friends to join.

dougskud

Hi Melnotgibson, While I agree

Postby dougskud » Thu May 03, 2012 4:50 pm

Hi Melnotgibson,

While I agree many of the "talent shows" do fall very squarely under the definition of banal, indeed why stop at talent shows.That said if you enjoy music and talented singers I would urge you to watch this years AI,where the quality of singing entertainment has been quite simply first class. It screens in the UK on Thursdays at 1900 hrs on ITV2 watch it if you can you will not be dissapointed.

regards
Doug

melnotgibson

Doug, I will give it a

Postby melnotgibson » Thu May 03, 2012 5:25 pm

Doug,
I will give it a go. Thanks for the tip.

Return to “General Discussion”