Builders Electricity

All welcome, have fun, be nice
genghis

Builders Electricity

Postby genghis » Mon Apr 30, 2012 6:07 pm

Can someone advise on the procedure/regulations to shift from builders electric to domestic tariff.
I am relatively lucky in that I had an individual villa built and so am not locked in to a builder/developer. I am in upper Lapta surrounded by other houses on domestic but I have been on Builders Electric since December. As far as I know the services are all in place e.g. a new transformer is not needed.
I have just registered the villa - I am promised the documentation on Wednesday. That only leaves Final Approval to be obtained.
Like most of us I have time on my hands so am quite prepared to go and stand in a queue if it will speed things up.
Where do I go from here??????????????????

melnotgibson

From memory you need to

Postby melnotgibson » Mon Apr 30, 2012 7:27 pm

From memory you need to visit the Girne Electricity office and arrange for a visit/inspection. They need to certify that all the electric installations are sound and safe. Once that is done, you can apply to them for the switch over. This is to the best of my memory, the procedure I went through approx 5 years ago.
There's no queues, just form filling, no doubt all in Turkish.

Belllaboo

Postby Belllaboo » Mon Apr 30, 2012 10:20 pm

melnotgibson

There are set charges, depending

Postby melnotgibson » Mon Apr 30, 2012 11:50 pm

There are set charges, depending how far away you are from existing power supply. This will involve poles if the distance is long.

Belllaboo

Actually in our case the

Postby Belllaboo » Tue May 01, 2012 10:33 am

Actually in our case the nearest post was 15yds away but we wern't allowed to connect to that one because Kibtek said the transformer wasn't big enough, hence the 2 poles so we could use another transformer. Were without mains electricity for over a year. Hopefully that sort of thing doesn't happen any more.

Return to “General Discussion”