Advice needed re DVD player

All welcome, have fun, be nice
babyheritage

Advice needed re DVD player

Postby babyheritage » Wed Apr 25, 2012 8:06 pm

My TV is about 8 years old and so is the DVD player. Lately the sound from the DVD is not coming through very loud and the more I turn it up it gives a buzzing sound because its at its maximum using the TV vol. I assumed it was the DVD player that was the problem. Ive purchased a 2nd hand DVD player and for some reason (and this is the advice I need) the new remote's vol button does not work, the other buttons work, skip, stop, eject etc. Now why would that be?

keithcaley

Assuming that [B:21e66d62]BOTH[/B:21e66d62] volume buttons

Postby keithcaley » Wed Apr 25, 2012 9:23 pm

Assuming that [B:21e66d62]BOTH[/B:21e66d62] volume buttons on the DVD's remote control don't work -

The volume contacts on the remote control are dirty - you need to have the remote control dismantled and cleaned, it's nothing to do with the issue that you had with the previous dvd player...

yrtrnc

Hi Well, If I understood correctly

Postby yrtrnc » Thu Apr 26, 2012 12:16 am

Hi

Well, If I understood correctly here are my thoughts, I dont think your DVD remote would have a volume button! Only on your TV remote would you have a volume button. Assuming that you do, they are probably malfunctioning and need to be repaired.

As for the buzzing sound! You went for the extreme solution; most of the time there is a problem with either your leads or the socket.
This happens in time from plugging and unplugging. Try changing the lead and/or socket which you plug in your dvd player! AV is a better choice than scart. Scart cables and sockets usually cause this kind of problem. Go for the AV cables where possible. They are the red, white and yellow ones! You may save your old dvd yet..

keithcaley

While I agree with the

Postby keithcaley » Thu Apr 26, 2012 10:05 am

While I agree with the good, sound advice offered by yrtrnc, I beg to differ regarding the following: -

[QUOTE=yrtrnc;642]...... I dont think your DVD remote would have a volume button!........[/QUOTE:5760617b]

I have 5 DVD players and they [B:5760617b]ALL[/B:5760617b] have volume buttons! :)

babyheritage

Gosh this is a tad

Postby babyheritage » Thu Apr 26, 2012 10:40 pm

Gosh this is a tad confusing for me. My TV does not have AV connections just one SCART in the back of the TV but I have a SCART to TV along with AV in the back of the SCART. So that that one sorted, cant use the AV cable direct into the back of the TV.

Took the new DVD to a shop and he tested it into his TV, volume fine (although still the vol on the DVD remote didnt work either). So he suggested its a problem in my TV.

So forget my new DVD player. Going back to the told one. The TV vol is fine but the DVD machine vol is NOT, so does that mean from inside the TV there are 2 different connections to A) the TV and B) the DVD player. If that is the case then I understand it could be the TV . Its so flipping heavy impossible I cant take it anywhere so may have to buy a new TV.

babyheritage

Spelling mistake. Going back to

Postby babyheritage » Thu Apr 26, 2012 10:56 pm

Spelling mistake. Going back to the "OLD" one (not told one).

yrtrnc...by the way of course Ive put in a new cable (as the new DVD came with a cable) but I did plug it into the old SCART so maybe I should try buying a new SCART.

babyheritage

AND THE PROBLEM WAS........................ I

Postby babyheritage » Mon Apr 30, 2012 5:04 pm

AND THE PROBLEM WAS........................ I was using my Wi SCART in the back of the TV for my new DVD player. A technician gave me a DVD SCART and the sound is now back to normal. I thought a SCART was a SCART for all machines, but no. Got there in the end.

keithcaley

I'll file that one away

Postby keithcaley » Mon Apr 30, 2012 5:57 pm

I'll file that one away for future reference!

Glad you got it sorted...

Return to “General Discussion”