Hi, Just wanted to get your opinion on grocery deliveries to your door step..

All welcome, have fun, be nice
yrtrnc

Hi, Just wanted to get your opinion on grocery deliveries to your door step..

Postby yrtrnc » Wed Apr 25, 2012 3:43 pm

In the processes of starting up grocery delivery services and just wanted to get your ideas on what products you would like to see offered?
Would you use such a service? And if you have any ideas on how it could be, such as pricing etc.?

Thanks in advance :)

Belllaboo

I honestly think that if

Postby Belllaboo » Thu Apr 26, 2012 9:43 am

I honestly think that if you were to set up a delivery service then you would have to be prepared to delivery anything that you sold in your store. To be honest I wouldn't want to think that you would deliver some items, but I would still have to go out and buy others that weren't available for delivery. I wouldn't want any meat, fish, dairy products or frozen delivered because of the length of time in your van, unless of course you had a refridgerated compartment. Wish you luck though.

yrtrnc

Hi And thank you for your

Postby yrtrnc » Thu Apr 26, 2012 12:10 pm

Hi

And thank you for your comments! We would invest in a van with a freezer compartment for delivery of frozen goods :)

And we would try to stock a variety of products just like a major supermarket! So pretty much all would be available and more.

kandaharkenny

Hi Yrtrnc. I think grocery

Postby kandaharkenny » Fri Apr 27, 2012 11:23 pm

Hi Yrtrnc. I think grocery delivery is a great idea. It would be really handy for those of us with holiday homes here so that we could book a grocery delivery for the day we arrive, rather than feeling like the first thing we have to do is a trip to the supermarket! - I'd be happy with standard essentials like tea, coffee, milk, sugar, bread, juice, biscuits, toilet paper, sun cream etc. Good luck!

yrtrnc

Thanks for the thoughts!!

Postby yrtrnc » Sat Apr 28, 2012 5:22 pm

Thanks for the thoughts!!

Belllaboo

I agree with kandaharkenny, perhaps

Postby Belllaboo » Sat Apr 28, 2012 8:18 pm

I agree with kandaharkenny, perhaps it might be better if you were to direct yourselves to people visiting their holiday homes, and concentrate on the essentials, with a few add ons. I still think that if we live here on a permanent basis, then our "shopping list" might be much more than you could could cope with, unless of course you have all the stock that say Lemar have, and I doubt you would be able to do that. Best of luck though.

melnotgibson

You wont want to hear

Postby melnotgibson » Sun Apr 29, 2012 3:28 am

You wont want to hear this i guess. I dont see your service being viable because:
a) the market will be a niche one, i.e. small
b) competition from nearby supermarkets will mean you will need to deliver a large range of goods to compete.
c) your future customers will be unwilling to pay any more than a small premium for the convenience.
d) to provide an efficient service will require investment in a refrigerated van/driver etc.

In direct answer to your question, i would not use your service because i have plenty of time to incorporate shopping into my daily routine. I suspect this will apply to most of your potential market.

Good luck ( I suspect you will need it).

yrtrnc

Hi guys Thanks for your

Postby yrtrnc » Sun Apr 29, 2012 10:52 am

Hi guys

Thanks for your info,

We will have a large inventory of goods to deliver, even more than Lemar. And our prices will be competitive compare to big markets eventually.

Thanks

Return to “General Discussion”