Midsummer House....Catalkoy.

Eating out in the TRNC. Restaurants and your views.
theparson

Midsummer House....Catalkoy.

Postby theparson » Wed Aug 22, 2012 3:08 pm

Now the food is not cheap (most expensive meal... beef wellington @ 48TL) and the drinks are a tad on the high side (beer 9TL\glass of wine 10TL) but the setting, service and quality of the food is the best I have have experienced in my 10 years living in the TRNC.
Midsummer House is currently the number one restaurant in Northern Cyprus according to Trip Advisor, so others also share my view.
If you are looking for something a bit special then, The Parson says..........give it a go.

Mollie the cat

Just shows how subjective eating

Postby Mollie the cat » Wed Aug 22, 2012 6:12 pm

Just shows how subjective eating out is, we think its the worst on the Island, three bad experiences there...

JohnDownes

I agree. Excellent food and

Postby JohnDownes » Fri Aug 24, 2012 7:38 am

I agree. Excellent food and the service is top class. And there are some good items on the wine list too.

dougskud

Re. Mollie the cat's post. Of

Postby dougskud » Sat Aug 25, 2012 12:42 pm

Re. Mollie the cat's post.

Of course there will always be differences of opinion but knowing the restaurant I cannot believe it has performed so badly on three separate occasions.

I am also baffled as to why anyone would return on two further occassions after being so dissapointed, especially as it would have cost a hefty wad. of Lira!!.
Doug

JohnDownes

With regard to my earlier

Postby JohnDownes » Sun Sep 23, 2012 9:02 am

With regard to my earlier post (24/08) when I said "I agree" I meant to say (of course) that I agreed with the post by theparson. At the time I posted it, mine would have been the next comment. Unfortunately the idiot moderators here take so long about it that the order in which comments appear is pretty random.

I did a review of the "Joya" restaurant about 10 days ago that has still not appeared. Quite pathetic.

JohnDownes

With regard to my earlier

Postby JohnDownes » Sun Sep 23, 2012 9:02 am

With regard to my earlier post (24/08) when I said "I agree" I meant to say (of course) that I agreed with the post by theparson. At the time I posted it, mine would have been the next comment. Unfortunately the idiot moderators here take so long about it that the order in which comments appear is pretty random.

I did a review of the "Joya" restaurant about 10 days ago that has still not appeared. Quite pathetic.

Dan

There's nothing in the moderation

Postby Dan » Sun Sep 23, 2012 9:33 pm

There's nothing in the moderation queue which I try to clear every 24 hours.

LooseBoots
Site Admin

Just to forewarn people that

Postby LooseBoots » Wed Sep 26, 2012 9:46 am

Just to forewarn people that are considering going................the last time we went as soon as we sat down we were given a large bottle of still water which was opened straight away and charged TL8.00 for the privilege. Small change in the scheme of things.

owl lady

I have been to Midsummer

Postby owl lady » Thu Oct 18, 2012 4:47 pm

I have been to Midsummer house on several occasions and have always had good food,good service.Not cheap I appreciate but the prices are kept higher, to keep the sort of clientele who appreciate good food in pleasant surrounding whether eating inside or out.I appreciate they need a break ,but it Is a pity that they are closing early next month for several months.I will be back when it reopens!

owl lady

Decided I didn't want to

Postby owl lady » Mon Oct 22, 2012 2:58 pm

Decided I didn't want to wait until the end of March when they reopened so went with friends on Saturday evening. As usual food and service very good and reasonable.Entertainment with Easy G good as usual but then I am biased, as I have now been promoted from a groupie to stalker No1.

Return to “Restaurant Reviews”