Recommendations for Meze

Eating out in the TRNC. Restaurants and your views.
LooseBoots
Site Admin

Re: Recommendations for Meze

Postby LooseBoots » Wed Feb 19, 2014 11:18 am

We have not tried Archway. It is on our list of ones to do.

Eminem venue was very good but the meze , for me, was a little disappointing.

Still out in front is Tervetuloa. Think the proof of the pudding is that all friends / family we have taken have become new customers.

The meze and the dessert + coffee and brandy are actually free. You only pay for the main course. My personal favourite is the Moussaka ( almost as good as Tanners secret garden in Karakum ). No I don`t have shares in Tervetuloa but I like to give credit where it is due. By all means try the others mentioned but you will kick yourself if you miss Tervetuloa.

We have family coming out at Easter and you can bet that`s one place we will go.

judyvin

Postby judyvin » Sat Feb 22, 2014 10:30 am

Thank you for your recommendations. Having spent the day at Salamis with a largish lunch at Bogaz we opted for Eminem on this occasion because it was just around the corner and offered a smaller meal option! The restaurant itself is very authentic, with exposed stone walls and tasteful decor, a lovely view out to the sea over Catalkoy and very nice staff. We all opted for the smaller set menu and it was delicious, all freshly prepared and cooked. We will definitely go back again. The whole bill for 4 including wine was 170TL (£47) which was exceptional value.
We will definitely be trying Tervetuloa next time!

LooseBoots
Site Admin

Postby LooseBoots » Sat Feb 22, 2014 1:27 pm

Yes the staff and the venue is good. We will go back to Mnm but like you have the smaller option. I promise you won't be dissapointed with Tervetuloa.

Orange1

Postby Orange1 » Fri Oct 24, 2014 9:37 am

Mint
We are visiting friends towards Esentepe next week. Can you direct us to Auguras Evi as we might try ?
Cheers

Return to “Restaurant Reviews”