Recommendations for Meze

Eating out in the TRNC. Restaurants and your views.
judyvin

Recommendations for Meze

Postby judyvin » Mon Feb 17, 2014 10:20 am

Please can anyone recommend an authentic restaurant that serves a traditional Meze. I have family over and they want to sample a true Cypriot meal. I live in Ozankoy but away from the main area would be fine too. I would like something like Cenap but probably not as much food but the way they serve it over a long period of time is good. I have tried Niazzi's but not too impressed and it seems more for tourists.
Thank you

Panchocat

Re: Recommendations for Meze

Postby Panchocat » Mon Feb 17, 2014 12:59 pm

The new restaurant above Catalkoy is getting really good reviews I can't remember it's name but it's something like Eminem. It's up the road by the Fez and then off to the left. Friends have been and say the meze is fab, it's one we intend to try soon.
Maybe someone else, who has been already, could comment.
St Kathleen's at Aligardi also do a good meze. :P

LooseBoots
Site Admin

Postby LooseBoots » Mon Feb 17, 2014 4:52 pm

I can honestly say that by far the best meze is at Tervetuloa Restaurant which is next to the Merit sign at Alsancak on the main drag on the way to Lapta.

The family welcome and quality of the food is amazing. We have taken numerous family and friends there and I think every one of them loved it. ;)

lovinit

Postby lovinit » Mon Feb 17, 2014 6:32 pm

I personally would say the Archway restaurant at Zeytinlik, just off the bypass after fog TV turn right at the traffic lights coming from Girne.
Always busy throughout the year. food lovely pace set by you for food service,.

Bob Buckle

Postby Bob Buckle » Mon Feb 17, 2014 11:19 pm

I would definitely second the Tervetuloa Restaurant, the food is consistently excellent.
The Meze is slightly different to the norm, very traditional.

tonyr

Postby tonyr » Tue Feb 18, 2014 8:30 am

'Eminem' Catalkoy excellent food, 3 different size of meze available. We thought it was great & nearby.
We are in Ozankoy as well.

ridle

Postby ridle » Tue Feb 18, 2014 10:21 pm

Emınem Restaurant Çatalkoy for us. It has only been open a few months, the meze ıs amazıng. thıs ıs a famıly run restaurant & you can feel the qualıty of the surroundıngs. We have been there twıce & ıts on our lıst of top restaurants. They serve top qualıty wınes from Wınes of the World wıth only a modest mark up prıce. The overall total bıll for us four dıners was also very reasonable. The only drawback for some people ıs the are steps to the restaurant but for us the vıew ıs worth ıt.

Ozankoys

Postby Ozankoys » Wed Feb 19, 2014 7:40 am

Will have to give this a try! Can someone post directions please.

tonyr

Postby tonyr » Wed Feb 19, 2014 8:56 am

Eminems directions. From main road go past The Fez up the hill turn left. It sign posted all the way.
From Ozankoy top road to Catalkoy turn left down hill towards main road turn right half way down hill

Mint1955

Postby Mint1955 » Wed Feb 19, 2014 11:16 am

Aygurus Evi in Esentepe does a good meze.

Return to “Restaurant Reviews”