Kibris evi

Eating out in the TRNC. Restaurants and your views.
cavalryman

Kibris evi

Postby cavalryman » Fri Jun 14, 2013 10:15 am

Now this place is a must if you like Cypriot food. It has a menu outside which tells what is on or off for the day. A small balcony on the first floor or plenty of room on the roof terrace overlooking the harbour. We were a party of five I had kleftico 17ytl three others Cypriot meatballs 14ytl 1 chicken with potatoes 14ytl all served hot and done in the oven all beautifully cooked and precedes with bread and 3 mezes included in the price beer and wine were 5 and 6 ytl. A lovely setting but busy when all the tourists from the castle come between 1and 2 pm. Try it you will not be disappointed.. Go down past the St. Andrews church keep straight on and it's at the entrance to the castle . Enjoy",""

cyprusishome

This has been a regular

Postby cyprusishome » Fri Jun 14, 2013 9:51 pm

This has been a regular of ours for some time. The roof terrace has the best views of the harbour with prices up to half those anywhere else around the harbour.
Never mind the tourists on a lunchtime it is usual full of local office workers, probably the best advert for any restaurant. In winter they will light the fire inside.
Do not expect 5* quality just well cooked local dishes.

joandjelly

Thumbs up from me too.

Postby joandjelly » Fri Jun 14, 2013 10:40 pm

Thumbs up from me too. Lovely food and great location. We did have a small problem once but spoke with the owner and all was resolved very quickly and efficiently with money taken off the bill too.

sparky71

Checked this restaurant out on

Postby sparky71 » Sun Jun 16, 2013 1:58 pm

Checked this restaurant out on trip advisor and first review said beware rip off drink prices 15TL for a local vodka/tonic. I looked at the menu online and spirits are not listed only brandy/raki which seems strange but will definitely give it a try as the food comments are all good, I'll just drink beer and the wife said she would have a wine then off to Whiskey Joe's after dinner

cyprusishome

May well charge high price

Postby cyprusishome » Sun Jun 16, 2013 2:12 pm

May well charge high price for spirits. This is a "local" restaurant where the majority of people drink Efes, Raki or soft drinks, hence high price for items not normally served, if that is correct.

joandjelly

Actually that's a good point.

Postby joandjelly » Sun Jun 16, 2013 10:20 pm

Actually that's a good point. The beer price is good but once my friends asked for local brandy and were charged 8TL which was a bit of a shock as they are used to getting it free with a coffee. Maybe a good idea to check prices before ordering.

Return to “Restaurant Reviews”