Bo Thai

Eating out in the TRNC. Restaurants and your views.
cavalryman

Bo Thai

Postby cavalryman » Thu Jun 13, 2013 11:24 am

How have I missed this little gem! We were looking for a Chinese for a change but were not impressed with china house or th dragon so decided to try the bo Thai. What a lovely experience very good food excellent service and o lovely setting out on the terrace watching the sun go down. We were five and four had the banquet it was excellent and the soup starter was the best I have had then two more courses followed by homemade ice cream . Drinks were 6 URL for beer cocktails from 10 to 12 and made correctly not like some. Would we go again most definitely. Banquet was 35 ytl

camel

Definitely one of our favourite

Postby camel » Thu Jun 13, 2013 1:21 pm

Definitely one of our favourite restaurants !

Aysesdaddy

Where is this please

Postby Aysesdaddy » Thu Jun 13, 2013 6:30 pm

Where is this please

cavalryman

On the left going past

Postby cavalryman » Thu Jun 13, 2013 8:00 pm

On the left going past catalcoy near the Malpas turn.

camel

The Sunday lunch is very

Postby camel » Thu Jun 20, 2013 9:00 pm

The Sunday lunch is very good too !

fiendishpaul

Bo Thai is a fantastic

Postby fiendishpaul » Sat Jul 13, 2013 2:31 pm

Bo Thai is a fantastic restaurant. Setting is perfect, food and service are top notch. I cannot recommend it highly enough.

dougskud

We went there recently as

Postby dougskud » Sun Jul 14, 2013 12:28 pm

We went there recently as a party of eight and were the only customers for the whole evening.

On a positive note the setting of the outdoor restaurant and the presentation of the tables etc was as good or better than the best restaurants in NC.

The staff were very helpful and attentive.

The food was okay but I have had far better.

Would not go back as the place lacked atmosphere and this will only be corrected by having a far more customers. On this note it is a restaurant that has been open for 2 years or so which suggest something is not striking a cord with potential customers.
Doug

snd1966

Well we had a lovely

Postby snd1966 » Wed Aug 14, 2013 9:53 pm

Well we had a lovely evening for our anniversary with friends and we thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. Des and Lynn put up with our party hogging the limelight and choosing the songs. Admittedly I have not have Thai for a while but all the dishes were thoroughly enjoyable .

fiendishpaul

[QUOTE=dougskud;9979] Would not go back as

Postby fiendishpaul » Thu Aug 15, 2013 11:10 am

[QUOTE=dougskud;9979]

Would not go back as the place lacked atmosphere and this will only be corrected by having a far more customers. On this note it is a restaurant that has been open for 2 years or so which suggest something is not striking a cord with potential customers.
Doug[/QUOTE:81ec7513]

Doug

I would guess that you went on a quiet night as the restaurant has been very busy as of late and is normally packed for the themed nights. The fact that the restauarant is still open after 2 years and is still maintaining it's very high standards, I believe to be a positive rather than a negative. Many restaurants only last a matter of months!!!! We eat there on a fairly regular basis and have always found the food and ambiance to be very good.

Paul

bigbadbob

Totally agree with the comments

Postby bigbadbob » Thu Aug 15, 2013 2:07 pm

Totally agree with the comments in the last post.
We probably visit maybe once every other week and have always found the highest standards of cleanliness, hospitality and willingness of the owners and staff, to please.
My other half unfortunately cannot eat highly spiced food so takes advice on what to order but we always have a beautiful and delicious meal.
On an ordinary night, i.e.no entertainment there has always been on average 40 diners, Can't be bad eh!!!

Return to “Restaurant Reviews”