Stone Castle Restaurant opening night

Eating out in the TRNC. Restaurants and your views.
BrightonJim

Stone Castle Restaurant opening night

Postby BrightonJim » Sat Jun 08, 2013 8:13 am

Lovely setting and lots of effort but what a disaster.
Oh dear!

cavalryman

Seems to be the norm

Postby cavalryman » Sat Jun 08, 2013 11:21 am

Seems to be the norm here they should run a few practice sessions before the official opening but then no one ever does anything professionally here do they?

judyvin

Where is the Stone Castle

Postby judyvin » Sat Jun 08, 2013 12:35 pm

Where is the Stone Castle or do you mean Dream Castle?

BrightonJim

Stone Castle is just to

Postby BrightonJim » Sat Jun 08, 2013 4:52 pm

Stone Castle is just to the east of the Esentepe village turning and before the Antique Restaurant.
Cavalryman, this was the Mother of all Restaurant opening night disasters. They will struggle to recover commercially but I hope they do for they put a great deal of effort into making the restaurant stylish (even had a cello/flute duo) and they are nice people.

cavalryman

Hopefully they will sort it

Postby cavalryman » Sat Jun 08, 2013 10:49 pm

Hopefully they will sort it out first then gradually people will try again. There are more people living there now so fingers crossed.

cornish

[QUOTE=BrightonJim;9104]Lovely setting and lots of

Postby cornish » Mon Jun 10, 2013 1:29 pm

[QUOTE=BrightonJim;9104]Lovely setting and lots of effort but what a disaster.
Oh dear![/QUOTE:b604cf07]

Well I hope you informed the owners of your thoughts on this and offered them some constructive criticism. You don't mention here the problems or what you thought could be done to improve the situation.... I'm sure they would appreciate any help and advice you can offer.
Negative posts aren't generally very helpful ??

tomsteel

[QUOTE=cornish;9160]Well I hope you informed

Postby tomsteel » Mon Jun 10, 2013 3:22 pm

[QUOTE=cornish;9160]Well I hope you informed the owners of your thoughts on this and offered them some constructive criticism. You don't mention here the problems or what you thought could be done to improve the situation.... I'm sure they would appreciate any help and advice you can offer.
Negative posts aren't generally very helpful ??[/QUOTE:20a101be]

Maybe so. However, as so many newly-opened restaurants here have found to their cost, they had no idea of what to deliver. Too few staff for a fully booked function, untrained staff, poor drinks service et al and I could go on. Waiting over an hour for a drink, let alone food order taking is just not on. Nobody in charge of the event/staff etc etc.

Negative comments warn members of what to expect - ergo - VERY helpful!!

BrightonJim

Cornish, actually I did tell

Postby BrightonJim » Mon Jun 10, 2013 8:41 pm

Cornish, actually I did tell them exactly what I thought and did make constructive criticisms. About 80% had walked out by about 2 hours, having waited for food which did not arrive. We were amonst the very few who received food (stone cold) and we actually paid our bill; very few did.
By the way, we have been told that the second night was equally as bad as the first: it's difficut believe it could be.
I agree that negative comments should be avoided if possible but in this instance are absolutely justified and may dissuade others not to waste their money. The restaurant is far from cheap.

keithh1

We did not go the

Postby keithh1 » Tue Jun 25, 2013 10:52 pm

We did not go the opening night but a few days later the owner and son said they had made a big mistake on the opening night and should have done a buffet .They seem very nice people and said they where going to review the menu as it was to big and the prices. they where very upset that they had made a big mistake but in my eyes man enough to say where they went wrong .I which them well as they have a great setting and i feel sure they will get it right.
keith

Return to “Restaurant Reviews”