Blue Door - Alsancak

Eating out in the TRNC. Restaurants and your views.
Trimby

Blue Door - Alsancak

Postby Trimby » Sat Apr 27, 2013 5:52 pm

My wife and I went to Blue Door restaurant in Alsancak last night and had (another) wonderful meal. Food is traditionally Turkish the usual meze and full kebab on offer as well as an a-la-carte menu.

We actually went there first time on valentines evening and it was also superb. Great ambiance, live music really nice (not too loud) and a bit of dancing later in the evening.

The restaurant is popular with locals and as it turned out, we were the only brits there...which I like and is usually a good sign!
Food was great, service superb. Every table was visited by the owner to make sure we were delighted with everything. Will go again for sure.

Blue door is on the Alsancak road on the left hand side if coming from the golden lady/main coast road exit. It's a small turning on the left BEFORE you pass Atakara supermarket. There is a car park at the back for about 10 cars but roadside parking nearby is ok too if (when) its full.

My first post here after deciding to leave another forum. People seem nicer here :)

Blue door - 05338669582

LooseBoots
Site Admin

Has anyone else been there

Postby LooseBoots » Sun Apr 28, 2013 3:06 pm

Has anyone else been there recently. Looked for other posts and on C44 reviews were erratic, some complaining that service was bad for non locals and too much salt on steaks???

Mr Mac

We went on an offer

Postby Mr Mac » Sun Apr 28, 2013 3:47 pm

We went on an offer from FirsatKibris where you had a set meal at half the price of normal. The mezzes were very good, not so keen on the meat part of the meal. A group of Russians came in and started smoking followed by another Russian couple who also lit up. We pointed out that we didn't like to eat in a smoky atmosphere also it is not allowed to smoke now inside restaurants. They gave us an ashtray!! We then moved ourselves to the annexed part of the restaurant for our sweet which also was very nice. We spoke to a couple of holidaymakers in there and they were very pleased with their meal. I think like a lot of restaurants here you can get a superb meal one visit and perhaps a mediocre one the next!

LooseBoots
Site Admin

If they allow smoking we

Postby LooseBoots » Sun Apr 28, 2013 8:24 pm

If they allow smoking we may have to give it a miss as it really makes my other half ill. So not just a case of moving to another part.

Return to “Restaurant Reviews”