No:14 Restaurant opening Wednesday 01st May

Eating out in the TRNC. Restaurants and your views.
lixiechick

No:14 Restaurant opening Wednesday 01st May

Postby lixiechick » Thu Apr 25, 2013 11:32 am

Please call 0542 859 2072 or 0392 81 55769 for reservations

waddo

How can you have a

Postby waddo » Thu Apr 25, 2013 7:08 pm

How can you have a review if it is not even open yet?

JohnDownes

It's re-opening after being closed

Postby JohnDownes » Fri Apr 26, 2013 10:43 am

It's re-opening after being closed for the winter (as it does every year).

waddo

So why post it under

Postby waddo » Fri Apr 26, 2013 11:08 am

So why post it under "Reviews" and "Discussions" as well as "Events" when it is obviously not a review just advertisment?

People read "Reviews" to make a judgment call on the place under review as it normally will give them information on the quality etc - that is what the review is for, not for general advertisment surley?

dougskud

Hi Everyone good morning I think

Postby dougskud » Fri Apr 26, 2013 1:08 pm

Hi Everyone good morning

I think Waddo is being a little argumentative, most people will be aware that many restaurants go into "hibernation" for a period of the winter months and No14 have taken advantage of this forum to announce it's re opening.

Of course it is a general advertisement, but who cares, and while the comments above, all refer to last year, the success of No 14 will depend totally on this years performance.

PS my own experience of eating at no 14 was one of "flattering to deceive"

Doug

waddo

dougskud. Thanks for the review.

Postby waddo » Fri Apr 26, 2013 1:38 pm

dougskud. Thanks for the review. Not being pedantic but the comments above only refer to the opening of a a restaurant and do not give anyone who has never been there before any idea at all what it is like! The whole point of a review is just that. Please note I am not being argumentative or I would have complained that it was not only under events but also under discussions, that is simply good advertising which I would never wish to stop. Restaurants generally go into hibernation for some months during the winter because there is insufficient trade during those months due to lack of tourists. A very good idea which stops many of them going to the wall due to lack of trade. However, once reopened it would be good then to have a review so that all new - potential - users could have something to read about them apart from they have re-opened, they will not know why they have closed in the first place.

I was once told that if a restaurant can attract a visitor who is here for two weeks back to its doors two to three times in that period of holiday then it has taken the majority of the visitors trade and proven itself - I know that No 14 attracts a good following whenever it is open but please let us have a review for new holiday makers or those who moved to the Island during the period of closure.

waddo

And just to keep you

Postby waddo » Fri Apr 26, 2013 2:07 pm

And just to keep you happy, here is a review I got of Trip Advisor from Oct 2012:

No. 14 bistro in Kyrenia is quite unique, its a real oasis right in the middle of the old turkish quarter, they only open during the summer months for dinner, and its a magical setting, with tables surrounding the pool, with huge candles that create a lovely relaxing and romantic atmosphere, we dined there at the end of October and it was still warm enough to eat outside but pashminas were on hand should we have needed them.
The food is fantastic, 14 do try to do something a little different to the other restaurants, I enjoyed the black pudding with mustard sauce to start with, and my wife enjoyed the brie pastry with red peppers to begin with. We both had the John Dory to follow, and the best sticky toffee pudding we have had in ages, Kay the owner was given this recipe by the Sharrow
Bay many years ago, who she explained invented this dessert from the beginning, so thats why its so good. The staff were lovely and the owners had got it right, great food, great ambiance, and unobtrusive service. Perfect.

dougskud

Hello Waddo Further to your recent

Postby dougskud » Fri Apr 26, 2013 7:19 pm

Hello Waddo

Further to your recent posts.

Your suggestion for an updated review for new customers would of course be useful but until the restaurant is operational any comments could well be missleading.
Doug

Iv'e just run out of steam!!

Return to “Restaurant Reviews”