Buffavento restaurant

Eating out in the TRNC. Restaurants and your views.
helendj

Buffavento restaurant

Postby helendj » Sat Mar 30, 2013 8:08 pm

Could anyone give me a review of the buffavento restaurant - whether the food is good and worth a visit. Thanks for any responses

judyvin

I have eaten there on

Postby judyvin » Sun Mar 31, 2013 9:07 am

I have eaten there on numerous occassions and have always found the food excellent and very reasonably priced at around 25 - 28TL (2012). All the food is freshly prepared and quite delicious. Fabulous meze and the most enormous bread that accompanies it followed by a kebab of your choice. Be warned the portions are huge and we quite often share one between us if we are not feeling too ravinous. The restaurant itself makes for quite a delightful change, decorated with traditional turkish furniture and fabrics and the views are quite stunning. Do try it and feed back on here so that others can enjoy.

MountainMan

Yes the views are good,

Postby MountainMan » Sun Mar 31, 2013 10:35 am

Yes the views are good, but that's the best thing about it. I've not been particularly impressed with the food. I've had fish there, it was dry and unpleasant, and the potatoes were unmistakably left over from the previous day. On another occasion the fried lamb chops were full of gristle. To be more positive, I agree the mezes are good and generously proportioned. My recommendation; go there once to enjoy the setting, you may be luckier with the food than I was, in which case you can go back again!

joandjelly

I thought the food was

Postby joandjelly » Sun Mar 31, 2013 2:03 pm

I thought the food was fab and probably the best kleftico I have had here. Their speciality is Adana kebab (made with lamb) which is absolutely huge.

come_on_aylin

When we manage to order

Postby come_on_aylin » Sun Mar 31, 2013 3:45 pm

When we manage to order the food we want it has been good but on a number of occasions they have said that certain items on the menu weren't available and were pushing the Adana kebabs. One time there were 8 of us and a few of our party wanted the lamb chops - we were told there were none have Adana kebabs. One of the party didn't want kebabs and guess what, lamb chops were served. We noted that other tables were being served lamb chops. Last time my husband went with 6 friends from UK, same thing happened so they voted with their feet and went elsewhere. The Adana kebabs are fine but we would like some choice in the matter.

Mr B

I have to agree with

Postby Mr B » Thu Apr 04, 2013 9:21 pm

I have to agree with MountainMan, only been there the once with friends and was very disappointed with the main course. The meze was very good and did seem to be their forte. Great location, but I would not eat there again. I prefer quality not quantity.

LooseBoots
Site Admin

Well we went there once,

Postby LooseBoots » Fri Apr 05, 2013 7:53 pm

Well we went there once, not for the views, as my other half suffers from vertigo , so we sat roadside. The food as I recall was excellent, I especially remember the large puffy bread. Would definitely revisit at some point.

Tanya.ahmet

Re: Buffavento restaurant

Postby Tanya.ahmet » Tue Feb 04, 2014 1:01 am

I ate there with my family a while back i dont know if it has changed owners since but we all had food poisoning the next day so i wouldnt go there again the meze was nice though

Return to “Restaurant Reviews”