Nosheen Restaurant - At last a decent Naan bread

Eating out in the TRNC. Restaurants and your views.
LooseBoots
Site Admin

Nosheen Restaurant - At last a decent Naan bread

Postby LooseBoots » Sun Nov 18, 2012 2:31 pm

Nosheen has been on our list of places to try for ages and last night the opportunity came along in the form of supporting a Dance show by members of the Yalin Guest House , Girne ( You can Google it for details ).

I had booked a table for 8 with the display to start at 9.30. On arrival we were asked if we minded sharing a table,which was not a problem for us and already there was food on the table.The couple there said they thought it was a set menu that night and thought that what was on the table was to share but straight away a couple more portions tuned up.

The food was very tasty and especially the naan bread . Most Indian restaurants do not serve it now. We had tiny plates and after enjoying the food they brought out chicken tandoori legs , again which was very good.

Should have realised that the size of the plates indicated that this was the first course........( senior moment )

Well, when the main course came it again was truly delicious . It was for the 4 of us to share which included chicken jalfrezzie ( spelt wrong I know ) with a HUGE portion of their delicious naan bread. The waiter said if we wanted any more of anything to just ask. But we were pleasantly full and the cost of the set meal was TL30 plus our drinks.

Then we had the dancing display. It was brilliant. I have to confess I was a coward and just managed by the skin of my teeth to avoid being dragged up. But the dancers were amazing.

A truly very enjoyable evening and will definitely be returning to sample a little more of the menu.

For us, Nosheens got it very right.

Oh and we rolled out of there at 12.45 and the music was still going.

dap3081

@LooseBoots. We where there too

Postby dap3081 » Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:49 pm

@LooseBoots. We where there too and yes it was a good night, and if you think the set menue was good you should try the selection on their main menue. That is good!! Have tried most of the curry restaurants east and west of Girne, Nosheens by far the best. We land there every Friday.

Agobard

Thank goodness Nosheens has finally

Postby Agobard » Sat Jun 08, 2013 7:46 am

Thank goodness Nosheens has finally re-opened after a very extended winter break. Have tried some of the others during this time and they really are miles apart from Nosheens in quality.

lovingcyprus

The first two posts were

Postby lovingcyprus » Sat Jun 08, 2013 6:55 pm

The first two posts were in 2012.
I think Nosheens may have closed can anyone confirm yhis.

Agobard

No, Nosheens has now re-opened.

Postby Agobard » Mon Jun 10, 2013 7:42 am

No, Nosheens has now re-opened. They have been closed for several months as the owner has been in the UK but, back in action now.

KibrisLife

Has anyone got a contact

Postby KibrisLife » Mon Jun 24, 2013 6:30 pm

Has anyone got a contact number please as the old one is no longer in service? Nosheens need to do something to let people know they are back up and running as every year it seems no one is quite sure if they are still going or not!!!

Return to “Restaurant Reviews”