orisbar

Eating out in the TRNC. Restaurants and your views.
orisbar

orisbar

Postby orisbar » Sat Nov 10, 2012 11:44 am

Sunday BBQ at oris bar from 2.00 till 6.00 et evening 20tl a person chicken shish ...fish chupra and lavrak ...hamburgers and pork steks and shish everyone is welcome ....and live manchester sity against tottenham at 3.30 ......liverpool against chelsi at 6.00 .....05338587888.

Sue Ramadan

Great Bar, great prices.....friendly staff...your

Postby Sue Ramadan » Sat Nov 10, 2012 5:09 pm

Great Bar, great prices.....friendly staff...your sure to have a great time at this Bar.....we like it alot...!!

Blue Butterfly

Where is it?

Postby Blue Butterfly » Sun Nov 11, 2012 12:37 am

Where is it?

Sue Ramadan

On the GAU road.....attended their

Postby Sue Ramadan » Sun Nov 11, 2012 10:41 pm

On the GAU road.....attended their Sunday BBQ today.....great food, great atmosphere......

cavalryman

Been to the Saturday BBQ

Postby cavalryman » Sun May 12, 2013 6:49 pm

Been to the Saturday BBQ and must say its the largest.best cooked and best value BBQ I have ever been to. As much to eat as in snco,s mess and what a bargain also friendly staff and good value drink

dap3081

Tried it, paid our 2

Postby dap3081 » Tue Jun 04, 2013 3:53 pm

Tried it, paid our 2 x 20TL went to the food table and BBQ twice. All the BBQ cooked meat had gone on both occasions with all those greedy ex-pats grabbing everything they could get their hands on, and queuing for more each time the BBQ was reloaded with fresh meat. Didn't fancy it anymore, don't queue for food anymore, I did it for many years while serving in the army. Got a refund and left to get a curry.
Orisbar staff very friendly and good value on the drink.
Would go back for a beer or two, but think I'll give the BBQ a miss.

cavalryman

They do not do waiter

Postby cavalryman » Wed Jun 05, 2013 8:31 am

They do not do waiter service to the table on BBQ,s so you have to get it yourself which means a small line. Just wait till no one is there then get up ,simples. Each time I have been I wait for the rush to die down after half an hour then get up they are still cookin and putting new food out at 17.30 so no need to panic.

dap3081

[QUOTE=cavalryman;8997]They do not do waiter

Postby dap3081 » Wed Jun 05, 2013 10:36 am

[QUOTE=cavalryman;8997]They do not do waiter service to the table on BBQ,s so you have to get it yourself which means a small line. Just wait till no one is there then get up ,simples. Each time I have been I wait for the rush to die down after half an hour then get up they are still cookin and putting new food out at 17.30 so no need to panic.[/QUOTE:ead85e43]

Who said anything about waiter service, I didn't!!! And yes I did wait until the queues had died down twice, then went up (as you say simples). Read my post, and like I said on both occasions all the cooked BBQ had gone. Fresh meat was put on the BBQ each time and they started to queue at the fire waiting for it to be cooked only to be cleared before it had time to be put on the salad table.
Yes I know they are still cooking and putting out meat at 17.30, by then the salad has been out several hours and not covered (now I do panic). Didn't fancy it (the salad bar) anymore. I don't know about your time in the forces cavalarman but when I was in I could live rough when it was required, but when there was no need; I didn't then, and still don't now!! So we went for a curry, with table waiter service. No panic.

flowerfairy

I must agree with Dap.,

Postby flowerfairy » Wed Jun 05, 2013 1:08 pm

I must agree with Dap., we went for the BBQ, and as he did, waited for the meat to be cooked. People who had already had meat were stopping the poor chef on the way to the serving table, therefore, it never made it to the table by the time they'd all had seconds.
I don't quite know what the answer is, except to intervene and embarrass oneself, but you can't really blame the Orisbar.
They do a really good job, and as you say, are very friendly.
I will go again, maybe the greedy ones won't be there next time, :)

cavalryman

I understand what you say

Postby cavalryman » Thu Jun 06, 2013 10:27 am

I understand what you say but by the end of the day had you had all you wanted to eat as I left at six and he gave away a lot of meat for people to take home. You will always get people to rush to get there first but there is no need and a BBQ is a casual thing where you get up and eat whenever you want. You will always get the greedy ones of any nationality but on the occasions I have been there no one has gone hungry.

Return to “Restaurant Reviews”