Sheraz Restaurant, Catalkoy

Eating out in the TRNC. Restaurants and your views.
JohnDownes

Sheraz Restaurant, Catalkoy

Postby JohnDownes » Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:34 pm

To reach Sheraz you turn south off the main road opposite Tempo Supermarket, and go up the hill for a couple of hundred yards. Then it's well-signposted on the left side of the road, there is ample parking space.

I am sorry to say that my friend and I were the only customers there. This is a shame, it's an honest friendly business doing its best in a tough market. The evening being mild we sat outside, but there is ample space within with a wood-burning stove and a traditional fireplace, though neither needed to be alight that evening. Service was good without being over-fussy.

The menu offers traditional British/European cuisine (there's also a separate child menu), but what interested us last night was the Indian section. My friend and I both had the mixed starter which was two onion bhajis and a samosa, with the usual sauces and fresh vegetables. Popadoms were also supplied. For the main course, we each had lamb bhuna, I ordered mine hot, the other was medium. Both arrived in good time with ample rice and nan breads.

We both enjoyed our meal, and there was a nice surprise when the bill came. The whole deal including a beer, a bottle of Swartland Chenin Blanc and all our food plus coffees and brandies came to just 106 TL. I think that's good value. Thumbs up.

LooseBoots
Site Admin

We went there a couple

Postby LooseBoots » Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:42 pm

We went there a couple of years ago and had a take away, which was ok but maybe to get the full value you have to have a sit down meal. Must admit I do like a proper nan bread. So many places don`t do them.

Are they open throughout thoughout the winter?

JohnDownes

"Are they open throughout throughout

Postby JohnDownes » Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:56 pm

"Are they open throughout throughout the winter? "

I asked that question last night, they told me they had not decided whether to (or not).

JohnDownes

Further to my most recent

Postby JohnDownes » Thu Nov 08, 2012 2:35 pm

Further to my most recent post, I had another meal there last Monday and the news is that they WILL be staying open this winter.

Return to “Restaurant Reviews”