St. Tropez restaurant, alsancak

Eating out in the TRNC. Restaurants and your views.
cornish

St. Tropez restaurant, alsancak

Postby cornish » Fri Oct 19, 2012 10:09 am

No one is ever going to miss this restaurant, particularly at night when it is beautifully lit up, with a replica of the Eiffel Tower at the far end of the terrace(this replica was made from an old wind driven water pump, that had stood there for many years, prior to the construction of the restaurant).
I eat there last night with friends to celebrate my birthday and that of one of my companions. I had a Mediterranean crepe to start and a T.Bone steak. Both totally delicious(the steak had been hung in the restaurants cold room for a minimum of 10 days) and my friends eat their way through snails, garlic mushrooms, calves liver, home made pate, fillet steak, and lots more. All were cooked to perfection and the service was also first class and attentive without being over bearing. We finished off our meal with a surprise dessert - a baked Alaska, courtesy of the restaurant.

Some might think this restaurant is expensive but you actually get larger steaks and fish etc. than you generally get elsewhere. For 4 hours of entertainment with top quality food copious amounts of fine South African wines of course, the cost was 90TL per head; which included a generous tip.

No one is ever going to be disappointed by eating at this restaurant.

sabby

İ totally agree its one

Postby sabby » Fri Oct 19, 2012 5:19 pm

İ totally agree its one of the best restaurants around me and my hubby go there for special occasions
and we always want to come back its not pricey its just right for the service and the amount of food you get i love it its a beautiful place.

camel

Agree wholeheartedly, has been for

Postby camel » Fri Oct 19, 2012 10:10 pm

Agree wholeheartedly, has been for many years our favourite restaurant

flowerfairy

Thank you for this post.

Postby flowerfairy » Tue Oct 23, 2012 3:46 pm

Thank you for this post. I've always admired the look of the restuarant. To be honest, it does look like it's going to be very expensive.
After reading your reviews, I think we may have to give it a try now,

sabby

me and my husband order

Postby sabby » Tue Oct 23, 2012 4:30 pm

me and my husband order the st hilarton chicken and if i remember correctly its about 36tl but when you start eating you wouldn't care if its a 136tl its beautiful please go and let us no what you think.

flowerfairy

will do sabby. I love

Postby flowerfairy » Wed Oct 24, 2012 7:27 pm

will do sabby. I love eating out, not very often, I have to admit. BUT, I don't mince my words when it comes to recommending. My favourite job would be secretly eating in establishments and doing a write up on the quality and service. Thank you for the recommendation,xx

LooseBoots
Site Admin

[QUOTE=flowerfairy;3747]will do sabby. I love

Postby LooseBoots » Wed Oct 24, 2012 8:27 pm

[QUOTE=flowerfairy;3747]will do sabby. I love eating out, not very often, I have to admit. BUT, I don't mince my words when it comes to recommending. My favourite job would be secretly eating in establishments and doing a write up on the quality and service. Thank you for the recommendation,xx[/QUOTE:595b8bfe]

That sounds like a good idea. Can I volunteer for that job, please? What do you think Dan?:rolleyes:

LooseBoots
Site Admin

[QUOTE=flowerfairy;3747]will do sabby. I love

Postby LooseBoots » Wed Oct 24, 2012 8:27 pm

[QUOTE=flowerfairy;3747]will do sabby. I love eating out, not very often, I have to admit. BUT, I don't mince my words when it comes to recommending. My favourite job would be secretly eating in establishments and doing a write up on the quality and service. Thank you for the recommendation,xx[/QUOTE:989789ca]

That sounds like a good idea. Can I volunteer for that job, please? What do you think Dan?:rolleyes:

flowerfairy

Oi, Looseboots, get away, it

Postby flowerfairy » Wed Oct 24, 2012 8:53 pm

Oi, Looseboots, get away, it was my idea...
compromise and maybe we could share the job,?

LooseBoots
Site Admin

[QUOTE=flowerfairy;3751]Oi, Looseboots, get away, it

Postby LooseBoots » Wed Oct 24, 2012 8:57 pm

[QUOTE=flowerfairy;3751]Oi, Looseboots, get away, it was my idea...
compromise and maybe we could share the job,?[/QUOTE:04e0f54e]

Ok . It`s a deal.:cool:

Return to “Restaurant Reviews”