Emily's bar & rest. Bahcelli

Eating out in the TRNC. Restaurants and your views.
cornish

Emily's bar & rest. Bahcelli

Postby cornish » Sat Oct 13, 2012 9:29 am

I was delivering wine there last night(Friday 12th Oct.) and it happens to be their Fish and Chip night. A couple of friends joined me for a drink and we decided to eat there.
The bar in Bahcelli, set just off the old coast road has delightful aspects over looking a wide bay and the dining areas are tastefully laid out on slightly raised wooden decking. The place has a truly mediterranean feel and the establishment is run by Elif who looks after front of house operations and her husband runs the kitchen operation. he was responsible for the beautiful light, crisp batter on the fish. They will of course soon be moving inside for the winter but it is well worth a visit.

I didn't pay for the meal which of course enhanced the situation but the for three of us with a couple of drinks 'a piece' came to 55TL. The fish was more than adequate in size and as previously mentioned the batter was excellent, plenty of crisp home made chips and a choice of either garden or mushy peas.

dougskud

Hi Cornish, out of interest

Postby dougskud » Sat Oct 13, 2012 12:22 pm

Hi Cornish, out of interest who did pay for the meal? and if it was the restaurant owners should we be taking your glowing report with a pinch of salt?

Doug

cornish

Hello dougskud - If it

Postby cornish » Sat Oct 13, 2012 12:27 pm

Hello dougskud - If it had been the owner paying; I would have said.... I only wish I could get free meals for my posts :)

However, I did check on the cost and my memory failed me there... the bill was 100TL for the three of us.

Return to “Restaurant Reviews”